November 30, 2022
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
I had a challenging day yesterday, I know today will be better. I hope yours will be too.
5 Choices You Will Regret in 5 Years
Here are five choices that ultimately lead to this phrase of regret, and how to elude them:
1. Settling. — When the time comes, be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before. Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don’t settle.
2. Holding on too tight. — Life should be touched, not strangled. Sometimes you’ve got to let life happen without constant worry or micromanagement. Learn to let go a little before you squeeze too tight. Take a deep breath. When the dust settles and you can once again see the forest for the trees, take the next step forward. And remember, you don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to be headed somewhere great.
3. Giving up too soon. — There are no failures, just results. Even if things don’t unfold the way you had expected, don’t be disheartened or give up. Learn what you can and move on. The one who continues to advance one step at a time will win in the end. Because the battle is always won far away and long before the final victory. It’s a process that occurs with small steps, decisions, and actions that gradually build upon each other…
4. Focusing on the uncontrollable. — Do not let what is out of your control interfere with all the things you can control. In other words, say “goodbye” to what didn’t work out so you can say “hello” to what might. In life, goodbyes are a gift. When certain people walk away from you, and certain opportunities close their doors on you, there is no need to hold on to them or pray to keep them present in your life. If they close you out, take it as a direct indication that these people, circumstances and opportunities are not part of the next chapter in your life. It’s a hint that your personal growth requires someone different or something more, and life is simply making room.
5. Trying to please and impress everyone. — If you want to impress someone, impress yourself by making progress on something you’re sincerely proud of. Focus on what matters! It’s truly amazing what you can accomplish in a day when you aren’t incessantly worried about what everyone else in the world is thinking and doing. Just show yourself that you can grow and get better. It’s never about impressing or competing with others. In the end, it’s just you vs. you…
A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
Jean de La Fontaine
A lady came to the hospital to visit a friend. She had not been in a hospital for several years and felt uneasy, not knowing about all the new technology. A technician followed her onto the elevator, wheeling a large, intimidating looking machine with tubes and wires and dials.
“Boy, would I hate to be hooked up to that thing,” she said.
“So would I,” replied the technician. “It’s a floor-cleaning machine.”
Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Lisa was babysitting Cory and Cody. Finding Cody making faces at Cory, Lisa stopped to warn the child.
Smiling Lisa said, “Cody, when I was a child, I was told if I made ugly faces I would stay like that.”
Cody looked up and replied, “Well you can’t say you weren’t warned.”
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
- Women don’t understand the appeal of sports. Men seek entertainment that allows them to escape reality. Women seek entertainment that reminds them of how horrible things *could* be.
- If a man goes on a seven-day trip, he’ll pack five days worth of clothes and will wear some things twice; if a woman goes on a seven-day trip she’ll pack 21 outfits because she doesn’t know what she’ll feel like wearing each day.
- Women brush their hair before bed.
- Women do not know anything about cars. “Oil-stick, oil doesn’t stick?”
- Women have better restrooms. Ladies receive the royal treatment in the ladies room. Gents just get a large bowl to share.
- The average number of items in a typical woman’s bathroom is 437. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.
- Women love to talk on the phone. A woman can visit her girlfriend for two weeks, and upon returning home, she will call the same friend and they will talk for three hours.
- A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the garbage, answer the phone, read a book, or get the mail.
- Women will drive miles out of their way to avoid the possibility of getting lost using a shortcut.
- Women do NOT want an honest answer to the question, ‘How do I look?’
- PMS stands for: Permissible Man-Slaughter.
Everybody lies, but it doesn’t matter, since nobody listens.
A city slicker stopped his large, expensive car on a country road and looked about in confusion. He noticed a young farm hand leaning on a fence and called to him, “Hey, you know how far it is to Shrewsbury?”
The farm hand thought about it and said, “Don’t know.”
“Well then, do you know the best way to get there?”
Again, the farm hand thought a bit and said, “Don’t know.”
“Look, can you just tell me where the nearest gas station is so I can pick up a map?”
“‘Fraid I don’t know that either.”
Frustrated, the man in the car snapped, “You don’t know much do you?”
To which the farm hand replied, “I’m not lost.”
The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.