Don’t wait until tomorrow
“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Yesterday I suggested if we let go once in awhile and broke out of our day to day box we often will find the key to more personal satisfaction, fun and growing confidence that we are capable of breaking any chains that may be holding us back. Probably most everyone agrees that discovering new ways to enjoy life is a good thing but at the same time they decide that they will try someday. If you are like I am someday is always sometime in the future which turns out to be a date that never seems to come up. So while I cannot start yesterday I can start today rather than waiting for that elusive tomorrow.
In my experience you don’t have to start with something wild and crazy just something out of the ordinary. Often you will find that the beginning step out will lead to the place where you are able to do things bordering on the extraordinary. Need help? The knowledgeable Angel Hack included these suggestions in one of her recent articles.
5 Things to Start Doing
1. Start living. Don’t simply exist in this world, grab life’s full potential by the horns and ride it out. Dare life to be all it can be. Make it a memorable, gripping account of accomplishment. Make it a thrilling, challenging, bold adventure. Make life a passionate, enduring, poetic romance.
Whatever it is you decide to do with your life, LIVE it! Get going! Move forward, aim high, plan your takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway. Adjust your attitude and gain some altitude.
2. Start taking chances that feel right. Life will try to break you sometimes; nothing and no one can completely protect you from it. Remaining alone in your comfort zone won’t either, for endless, stagnant solitude will also break you with yearning.
You’re human. You have to love. You have to feel. You have to strive. You are here to risk your heart by putting it into something you believe in. If you avoid taking these chances, one thing is certain, you will make is safely to death someday, feeling empty and unfulfilled.
3. Start indulging in meaningful challenges. What a true blessing it is that there is always work to be done. Because the real value of any accomplishment is not in the end result, it is in the process of accomplishment.
Success is a state of mind, and the most reliable way to reach that state is by working mindfully through a meaningful challenge. Such a challenge might seem somewhat overwhelming when you first encounter it, yet as you progress through it, you transform the work from overwhelming to fulfilling.
4. Start nurturing your real family. Family is built with love; it’s not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and formal adoption documents. Families grow from the heart, through mutual love and respect. The only time family becomes nullified is when the ties in the heart are cut. If you cut the ties, these people are not your family. If you build the ties, these people are your family. So build ties with the right people and nurture them with love.
5. Start making time for YOU. There is objective time meant for focused work, but also subjective time where the pulse of your life breathes – your relationships, your awareness, your hobbies, etc.
So find the time – the time to read, to smell the flowers, to take a walk in the wilderness, to share a laugh, to learn a fun craft, to try a new recipe, to explore somewhere new, to really be with someone you love, to paint your dreams, or even to just do nothing and relax for a while.
Find time for YOU.
We all possess certain talents and gifts that are unique to only us. You already have everything that you need to start living an extraordinary life. It’s up to you to turn on the switch and let your light shine.
To make it possible for everyone to attend church on Sunday, we are proposing to have a special ‘No Excuse Sunday.’
1. Cots will be placed in the foyer for those who say, ‘Sunday is my only day to sleep in.’
2. They will have steel helmets for those who say, ‘The roof will cave in if I ever came to church.’
3. Blankets will be furnished for those who say it is too cold and fans for those who say it is too hot.
4.There will be hearing aids for those who say, ‘The paster speaks too softly,’ and cotton for those who say, ‘He preaches too loudly.’
5 Scorecards will be available for those who wish to list the hypocrites present.
6. Some relatives will be in attendance for those who like to go visiting on Sunday.
7. There will be TV dinners for those who can’t go to church and cook dinner too.
8. Golf clubs will be available for practice swings for those who like to golf on Sunday.
Daddy, what does “Formatting Non-removable Disk” mean?
The Catholic Church’s air conditioning broke down, so they had to hire a man to crawl around in the ducts and figure out what was wrong. As the man peeked down through one of the vents in the sanctuary, he saw little old Mrs. Murphy kneeling by the altar, apparently saying her rosary. Since the man was a fundamental Baptist, he thought it’d be funny to try and mess with the lady’s mind. In his best authoritative voice, he said, “This is Jesus. Your prayers will be answered.”
The little old lady didn’t even blink, just kept on saying her prayers. The man decided maybe she didn’t hear him, and tried again. “This is Jesus, the Son of God! Your prayers will be answered!” Again, she didn’t react at all. Mustering up a big breath of air, the man decided to try again. “THIS IS JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD! YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE ANSWERED!” The lady looks up and says, “SHUT UP! I’M TALKING TO YOUR MOTHER!”
“You can’t control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.”
My Mother Taught Me…
To Value A Job Well Done — “If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
Time Travel — “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
Logic –“Because I said so, that’s why.”
Foresight — “Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
Irony — “Keep crying and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
Osmosis — “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
Stamina — “You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
Weather — “This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
Hypocrisy — “If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
Circle Of Life — “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
Behavior Modification — “Stop acting like your father!”
Envy — “There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.”
Anticipation — “Just wait until we get home.”
Receiving — “You are going to get it when you get home!”
How To Become An Adult — “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
Genetics — “You’re just like your father.”
Wisdom — “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
Justice — “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you”
“If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.