April 19, 2022
Cherish your excitement while you have it.
Sometimes I feel like taking it easy and dropping out, but if I did I would miss most of the things important to me. I know it is not easy for my wife these days and our daily visits together are good for us both. She does not remember some of our lifes highlights, but I do and that is enough for both of us.
I am fortunate to also have a caring family members and neighbors who are my good friends. One of the highlights of my days is when I prepare Ray’s Daily, my primary contact with so many of you.
I am still open to new things and I hope you are also.If you need to recharge you might find these thoughts of Marc Chernoff’s to be helpful.
10 Little Things to Remember When Life No Longer Excites You
Here are some little things worth remembering:
- A big part of your life is a result of the choices you make. And if you don’t like your life – if it completely lacks excitement and passion – it’s time to start making changes and better choices.
- Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. You CAN follow a path that moves you. You are always free to do something small and positive that makes you happy.
- There is good reason why you should wake each morning and mindfully consider what and who you will give your day to. Because unlike other things in life – money, entertainment, obligations, etc. – time is the one thing you can never get back once it’s gone.
- It’s not what you say, but how you spend your time. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- Your passion is an inherent part of you. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. Nothing you have that much passion for is ever a waste of time, no matter how it turns out in the long run.
- When you focus your heart and mind upon a meaningful purpose, and commit yourself to fulfill that purpose a little bit every day, positive energy gradually floods into your life.
- We have to stop telling ourselves that other people are our reason for being unhappy, unfulfilled, etc. They aren’t in the long run.
- The more we fill our lives with genuine passion and purpose the less time and energy we’ll waste looking for approval and admiration from everyone else.
- Your body may eventually grow tired, you may lie awake some nights listening to your past regrets, you may miss your only love, you may see the world around you overcome by negativity, or know your respect has been trampled on by unfriendly faces. There is only one thing for healing that works every time – to rediscover what excites you and then dive deeper into it. That’s the only positive effort that a battered mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or doubt, and never dream of regretting.
- Just one small step today. That’s all. True purpose has no time limit. True passion has no deadline. Don’t stress and overwhelm yourself. Just do what you can right now – just the next smallest step on a meaningful path.
They stand as hills and mountains in our way, and we can choose to climb them so we could feel the excitement of the adventure and success of freedom.
Yolanda Orozco Mendez
My friend’s husband is always telling her that housekeeping would be a snap if only she would organize her time better. Recently, he had a chance to put his theory into practice while his wife was away. When I popped in one evening to see how he was managing, he crowed, “I made a cake, frosted it, washed the kitchen windows, cleaned all the cupboards, scrubbed the kitchen floor, walls and ceiling and even had a bath.”
I was about to concede that perhaps he was a better manager than his wife, when he added sheepishly, “When I was making the chocolate frosting, I forgot to turn off the mixer before taking the beaters out of the bowl, so I had to do all the rest.”
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs –jolted by every pebble in the road.
Henry Ward Beecher
A dog walks into a bar and says, “Hey, guess what! I’m a talking dog. Ever seen a talking dog before? I doubt it! So, how about a free drink for the talking dog?”
The bartender answers, “Sure, why not? The toilet’s right around the corner.”
A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past; he is the one who is prematurely disappointed in the future.
Sydney J. Harris
My teenage niece was nervous as she took the wheel for her first driving lesson. As she was pulling out of the parking lot, the instructor said, “Turn left here and don’t forget to let the people behind you know what you’re doing.”
She turned to the students sitting in the back seat and announced, “I’m going left!”
What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
SOUTHERN SECURITY SYSTEM !!
1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men’s used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads:
Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim,
I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don’t mess with the pit bulls-they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don’t think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of ’em in the house. Better wait outside.
One nice thing about egotists: They don’t talk about other people.
One evening, a wife drew her husband’s attention to the couple next door and said, “Do you see that couple and how devoted they are? He kisses her every time they meet. Why don’t you do that?”
“I don’t know her well enough.”
We lose the excitement of trying new things. > We lose that goose – bumps feeling. Most adults give up new discoveries—which translates into falling into a rut.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.