February 22, 2018
“True happiness is to enjoy the present without anxious dependence upon the future.”
We all face challenges as life goes on. Some are real, some are small and some are imagined. In a way they are the tests that we take to help us learn to cope with reality. I think the secret to a happy life is to always focus on what is good and especially the people who care for our wellbeing. Material things can’t comfort like the companionship offered by our friends and family does.
I hope you will continue to find your happiness. What follows is what I wish for you.
Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you and you alone to decide.
A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the person behind the wheel was knitting!
The trooper cranked down his window and yelled to the driver, “PULL OVER!”
“NO!” the driver yelled back, “SCARF.”
Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.
He said that these are little known facts about women
- “Oh, nothing,” has an entirely different meaning in woman language than it does in man language.
- Women cannot use a map without turning the map to correspond to the direction that they are heading.
- Only women understand the reason for “guest towels” and the “good china”.
- Women can get out of speeding tickets by pouting. This will get men arrested.
- Women will spend hours dressing up to go out, and then they’ll go out and spend more time checking out other women. Men can never catch women checking out other men; women will always catch men checking out other women.
“Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.”
She said these are the REAL facts about women:
- Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.
- The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
- Time may be a great healer, but it’s also a lousy beautician.
- Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
- Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.
- Amazing! You just hang something in your closet for a while, and it shrinks two sizes.
- Age is important only if you’re cheese or wine.
- The only time a woman wishes she were a year older is when she is expecting a baby.
- Freedom of the press means no-iron clothes.
Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves into knots.
A distraught patient phoned her doctor’s office. “Is it true,” the woman wanted to know, “that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?”
“Yes, I’m afraid so,” the doctor told her.
There was a moment of silence before the woman continued, “I wonder then, just how serious is my condition. This prescription is marked ‘NO REFILLS’.”
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I’m not sure
I’m really not an addict,
There is no need to shout;
But talking with my puter friends,
Has turned my life about.
I still do the grocery shopping,
And make a bed or two;
But instead of staring at the television
I spend some time with you.
I go with friends or family,
To dinner or a show;
I take the time to hear my kids,
Or to watch a flower grow.
But yes, you’ll find me off and on,
Sitting on my puter chair;
And talking to my cyber friends,
Who always seem to care.
There are redeeming qualities,
And hear me if you will;
Since playing in this cyber world,
I’ve improved keyboarding skill.
In fact I feel at peace with life,
Things are going well;
The only thing it hasn’t done,
Is teach me how to spell!
“We can go through our whole lives worrying about our future happiness, and totally miss where true peace lives- right here, right now.”
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.