Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.
Yesterday I was able to catch up with a good friend who is battling cancer. His chemo treatments had been interrupted because of a serious infection that included some hospital time. He shared with me that he was really happy since the day before he had his first treatment in seven weeks. These last few months have not been easy for him but listening to him you would never know it as he is staying unbelievably positive. He not only still exhibits his great sense of humor but he also is sharing his thoughts and wisdom via a blog as he keeps readers updated on his path path to remission.
My friend is a respected retired college professor who has made a difference in the lives of hundreds of others. He now uses his skills to adjust in a positive way to the challenges he faces every day.
It is his great attitude that I appreciate and I know his medical team does as well. Here are excerpts from article written by Remez Sasson the founder of Success Consciousness that could have been written by my friend.
Positive Thinking Is a Way of Life
With a positive attitude we experience pleasant and happy feelings. This brings brightness to the eyes, more energy, and happiness. Our whole being broadcasts good will, happiness and success. Even our health is affected in a beneficial way. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful, and our body language shows the way we feel.
In order to turn the mind toward the positive, some inner work is required, since attitude and thoughts do not change overnight.
Positive Thinking Practical Instructions
- Read about this subject, think about its benefits, and persuade yourself to try it. The power of your thoughts is a mighty power that is always shaping your life. This shaping is usually done subconsciously, but it is possible to make the process a conscious one. Even if the idea seems strange, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain.
- Ignore what other people say or think about you, if they discover that you are changing the way you think.
- Use your imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations.
- Use positive words in your inner dialogues, or when talking with others.
- Smile a little more, as this helps to think positively.
- Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it, and endeavor to replace it with a constructive one. If the negative thought returns, replace it again with a positive one. It is as if there are two pictures in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts.
- In case you experience inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up, but keep looking only at the beneficial, good and happy thoughts in your mind.
- It doesn’t matter what your circumstances are at the present moment. Think positively, expect only favorable results and situations, and circumstances will change accordingly. If you persevere, you will transform the way your mind thinks. It might take some time for the changes to take place, but eventually they will.
- Another useful technique is the repetition of affirmations. This technique is similar to creative visualization, and can be used together with it.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
A psychiatrist was trying to comfort a new patient who was terribly upset. “You see, Doc,” the patient explained, “my problem is that I like shoes much better than I like boots.”
“Why, that’s not even a problem,” answered the doctor. “MOST people like shoes better than boots. Even I prefer shoes to boots.”
The patient was elated, “That’s neat, Doc. How do you like them, fried or scrambled?”
“University of Minnesota researchers said that the drug Naltrexone could be used to curb a kleptomaniac’s impulse to steal. Although the drug is not covered by most HMO’s, doctors say kleptomaniacs should have no problem obtaining it.”
We’ll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes; but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes. One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese, yet the plural of moose should never be meese.
You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice; yet the plural of house is houses, not hice. If the plural of man is always called men, why shouldn’t the plural of pan be called pen?
If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet, and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet? If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth, why shouldn’t the plural of booth be called beeth?
Then one may be that, and three would be those, yet hat in the plural would never be hose, and the plural of cat is cats, not cose.
We speak of a brother and also of brethren, but though we say mother we never say methren. Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him, but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim.
“I’m realistic — I expect miracles.”
An Amish man answered a knock on his door one morning. An electric company worker handed him a piece of paper stating that the electric company would like to run a power line through his cow pasture. The Amish man said, “No, no you cannot.”
“Legally, that paper says we can.” replied the gruff worker. As he turned and left returning to his co-workers in the field, the Amish man went to his barn and turned his bull into the pasture. As the bull rumbled toward the workers in the field, the Amish farmer hollered, “Show him thy paper!”
Esther and Max were having a very heated argument. Esther shouts at Max, “You don’t deserve a woman like me.”
Max retorted, “Yeah, well I don’t deserve arthritis either, but I got that too.”
Billy Bob walks into a bar and says, “Bartender, one round for everyone, on me!”
The bartender says, “Well, seems you’re in a really good mood tonight.”
Billy Bob says, “Oh, you can bet on it! I just got hired by the city to go around and remove all the money from parking meters. I start on Monday!” The bartender congratulates him and proceeds to pour the round.
Monday evening arrives. Billy Bob comes back into the bar and says Bartender, TWO rounds for everyone, on me!”
The bartender says, “Well now! If you’re so happy just over having this new job, I can just imagine how happy you’ll be when you get your paycheck!”
Billy Bob looks at the bartender with a wondrous lok on his face, pulls out a handful of quarters from his pocket, and says “You mean they’ll PAY me too?”
Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.