September 20, 2022
People change and things go wrong but just remember life goes on.
I hope to attend my friends funeral this morning. I mourn his loss but know our lives go on and it is up to us to make the days ahead as good as we can. Here some things to help.
5 Ideas that Will Free Your Mind this Week
1. Let the opinions of others inform you this week. Don’t let them limit you. Listen, and then operate with your own wisdom and intuition are your guide.
2. Remember, you cannot calm the storm. What you can do is calm yourself, and the storm will eventually pass. The most powerful and practical changes happen when you decide to take control of what you do have power over, instead of craving control over what you do not.
3. Life opens our minds and educates us as time passes. We gradually realize how much silly nonsense we have wasted our energy and resources on. And we begin to see the beauty in letting go. So just do your best this week to catch yourself, and to let go when it makes sense to.
4. On most days, the secret to peace is letting the present situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be. So don’t wish away your whole day or week waiting for better ones ahead. Do your best to appreciate where you are. Be thankful for life’s fleeting lessons and opportunities. Take them and make the best of things.
5. Many of your daily thoughts and patterns are simply a reflection of what you believe about yourself. Thus, it’s not what you broadcast to everyone else that determines the trajectory of your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself behind closed doors on a daily basis that has the greatest power and influence.
Ultimately, the mind is your battleground. It’s the place where the fiercest and most ruthless conflict resides. It’s where half of the things you feared were going to happen, never actually happened. It’s where your expectations always get the best of you. It’s where you fall victim to your own train of thought time and time again. And if you allow these self-defeating thoughts to dwell in your mind, they will succeed in robbing you of peace, joy, productivity, meaning, and ultimately your life. You will think yourself into endless disappointment, heartache, and even depression.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Life was simpler when:
- Abilities were discovered because of a “double-dog-dare.”
- “Oly-oly-oxen-free” made perfect sense.
- Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
- The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
- War was a card game.
- Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
- Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle.
- Ice cream was considered a basic food group.
- Older siblings were the worst tormentors, but also the fiercest protectors.
“The distance is nothing; it is only the first step that is difficult.”
Marquise du Deffand
He wears the pants in the house…under his apron.
He has two chances of winning an argument with me…slim and none.
I lead a double life…mine and his.
He comes right out and says what I tell him to think.
I don’t have to raise the roof. All I have to do is raise an eyebrow.
He always has the last word…he says, “I apologize”.
He was a man about town. I turned him into a mouse around the house.
The last big decision I let him make was whether to wash or to dry.
He was a dude before marriage…now he is subdued.
He married me for my looks, but not the kind he’s getting now.
I complain about the noise he makes, when he is fixing his own breakfast.
Every once in awhile I come to him on bended knees. I dare him to come out from under the bed.
Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Top 10 Ways to Tell You’re a New Dad
10) Getting six hours of sleep is a privilege.
9) The sentence, “Honey, could you take his foot out of my pocket?” sounds normal.
8) You are used to doing everything one-handed.
7) The thought of your mother-in-law coming over for a few hours is a pleasant one.
6) The list of bodily fluids that disgust you has shortened, possibly to zero.
5) Your idea of romance is hand-holding.
4) You answer the question “How are you?” with “We’re fine.”
3) You decide whether a shirt is wearable not based on sweatiness, but based on how well the spit-up stains match the shirt’s main colour.
2) You see a slender teenage girl walking down your street, and you think, “Hey, I wonder if I could interest her in babysitting?”
And the #1 way to tell that you’re a new dad:
1) It takes you two months to write and send out a simple top-10-style joke email.
Commit the Golden Rule to life, not just to memory.
A group of managers were given the assignment to measure the height of a flagpole. They got their ladders and tape measures and went out to the flagpole. However, the measurement job turned out to be much more difficult than any of them had expected, with some of them falling off the ladders, some dropping their tape measures, and so on, and the whole thing had just turned into a big disaster.
After a while, an engineer happened to walk by and saw what the managers were attempting to do. She walked over, pulled the flagpole out of the ground, and laid it flat on the ground. She measured it from end to end, gave the measurement to one of the managers, and then walked away without saying another word.
After the engineer was out of sight, one manager turned to another and laughed as he shook his head. “Now that’s just like an engineer! We’re looking for the height and she gives us the length!”
To be judged for your imperfections is to be judged for being human, mistakes are made, life goes on, don’t let other people change who you are.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.