July 29, 2022
“Clear thinking requires courage rather than intelligence.”
Life is not always easy but we can deal with the challenges we face. All of us have the latent ability to overcome adversity all we need to do is unleash our inner strength. Here are some quotes offered by Angel Chernoff that can help.
5 Quotes that Will Change How You Think and Handle Tough Situations
1. Taking a step back to gracefully walk away from situations that threaten your peace of mind, values, morals, or self-worth, is almost always a healthy and necessary step forward.
2. Distancing yourself from someone who keeps giving you negative vibes or unhealthy energy is self-care. Stepping back from situations where you feel unappreciated or disrespected is self-care. Choose to honor your feelings and boundaries, respectfully.
3. Trust the journey of your life, and you will gradually outgrow what you thought you couldn’t live without, and fall in love with what you didn’t even know you wanted.
4. Remember, peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no chaos, trouble, or hard realities to deal with. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still remain mentally, emotionally, and physically centered.
5. The latest research suggests that it takes roughly 66 days to form a new habit. So for the next nine weeks, wake up every morning and look at the right side, or perhaps the bright side, of your life and you will rewire your brain.
The bottom line is, despite the real world challenges you face, the biggest and most complex obstacle you will have to personally overcome on a daily basis is your own mind and reactions…
YES, YOU CAN THINK BETTER, which means you can tap into your inner strength and ultimately live better, one day at a time.
Truth be told, life will get better when YOU get better. Start investing in yourself mentally and physically. Make it a priority to learn and grow a little bit every day. The stronger you grow and become, the better your life will feel in the long run.
“What we think, we become.”
“Ever since we got married, my wife has tried to change me. She got me to stop drinking, smoking and running around until all hours of the night. She taught me how to dress well, enjoy the fine arts, gourmet cooking, classical music, even how to invest in the stock market.”
“Sounds like you may be bitter because she changed you so drastically,” remarked his friend.
“I’m not bitter. Now that I’m so improved, she just isn’t good enough for me.”
Teacher: I hope I didn’t see you looking at Don’s paper.
Little Johnny: I hope you didn’t either.
I knew as early as our wedding what marriage to my wife would be like. The priest asked my wife, “Do you take this man to be your husband.” And she said, “I do.”
Then the priest asked me, “Do you take this woman to be your wife,” and my wife said, “He does.”
Someday, we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Will Rogers said:
1. Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
2. The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
3. Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know “why” I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way and some of the roads weren’t paved.
4. When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
5. You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
6. I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
7. One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
8. One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
9. Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
10. Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it’s called golf.
And finally, If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
There’s always at least one bolt on anything that’s adjustable. It fits whatever size wrench you don’t have.
A blonde and her brunette friend were talking, when the blonde said, “I hate all the blonde jokes people tell.” “Oh, they are only jokes. There are a lot of stupid people out there. Here, I’ll prove it to you.” They went outside and hailed a taxi driver. “Please take me to 29 Nickel Street to see if I’m home,” said the brunette. The taxi drove them to Nickel Street, and when they finally got out, the brunette looked at the blonde and said, “See! That guy was really stupid.”
“No kidding,” replied the blonde. “There was a pay phone just around the corner. You could have called instead.”
The most damaging phrase in the language is: It’s always been done that way.
A young man from a prominent family was being divorced by his glamorous wife. His lawyer called with news about the property settlement. “The good news is that she isn’t asking for any share of your future inheritance.”
“Great!” said the young man. “What’s the bad news?”
“Well,” said the lawyer, “after the divorce, she’s marrying your father!”
“A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him.”
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.