July 25, 2022
“Put all excuses aside and remember this—you are capable.”
Here we go another week. Let’s you and I make it a good one. I am going to concentrate on what I can do, you can too. When we think we can’t we surly won’t. So I will avoid the negative and stay positive.
Need help? Try these tips.
10 ENCOURAGING MESSAGES TO STAY POSITIVE
1) Mondays are a great day to focus on what we GET TO do instead of what we HAVE TO do. Life is a gift, not an obligation.
2) Three things you control every day are your ATTITUDE, your EFFORT and your ACTIONS. It doesn’t matter what others are doing or who you think is being unfair. Every day you can focus on being positive, working hard and making others around you better.
3) SUCCESS is often measured by comparison to others. EXCELLENCE, on the other hand, is all about being the best we can be and maximizing our gifts, talents and abilities to perform at our highest potential. Pursue excellence today.
4) Failure is not meant to define you. It’s meant to refine you to be all you are meant to be. Don’t let your failures be a part of your identity. Move forward and create your future.
5) Don’t let negativity win today. Remember it starts with you. If you are complaining you’re not leading. If you are leading you’re not complaining. One person can’t make a team but one person can break a team. Stay positive! No energy vampires allowed.
6) One person in pursuit of excellence raises the standards of everyone around them. And as they strive for greatness they bring out the greatness in others. Be that one person today.
7) If they praise you, show up and do the work. If they criticize you, show up and do the work. If no one even notices you, just show up and do the work. Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way.
8) Where there is a void, Negativity will fill it. Fill the void with positive, proactive communication and you’ll help neutralize the negativity before it starts. This applies at home, at work and every relationship in your life.
9) Expect to Win Today. Champions expect success and their positive beliefs often lead to positive actions and outcomes. They win in their mind first.
10) Remember Your WHY! We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.
“Decide what you want, believe you can have it, believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you.”
“You Know You’re a Redneck If…”
1. If you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.
2. If the biggest city you’ve ever been to is Walmart.
3. If your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.
4. If you thought the Unibomber was a wrestler.
5. If you’ve ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.
6. If you think a quarter horse is that ride in front of K-Mart.
7. If your neighbors think you’re a detective because a Deputy always brings you home.
8. If a tornado hits your neighborhood and does a $100,000 dollars worth of improvement.
9. If you’ve ever used a toilet brush as a back scratcher.
10. If you’ve ever asked the preacher, “Hows it hangin”.
11. If you missed 5th grade graduation because you had jury duty.
12. If you think fast food is hitting a deer at 80mph.
13. If somebody tells you that you’ve got something in your teeth and you take them out to see what it is.
14. If breakfast consist of boiled eggs, can of Beenie Weenies& a couple salt’in crackers and a 6 pack of Budweiser, because you like the smell it creates after completing the digestive cycle.
15. If there are 13 dogs under the front porch and you have papers for one.
16. If a museum curator tries to buy 7 of the vehicles on blocks in your yard.
17. If your Momma knows how to make Roadkill stew.
18. If your truck has more colors than Jeff Gordons race car!
19. If you have ever been shot at by the law.
20. If you have ever been too drunk to walk, and drove home.
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he’ll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.
I came home one night and my wife was crying.
I said, “what’s wrong?”
She said, “I’m home sick.”
I said, “This is your home.”
And she said, “Yes, and I’m sick of it!”
Pride is something we have. Vanity is something others have.
Little Tony was staying with his grandmother for a few days. He’d been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came Into the house and asked her, “Grandma, what is that called when two People are sleeping in the same room and one is on top of the other?”
She was a little taken aback, but decided to tell him the truth. “It’s called sexual intercourse, darling.” Little Tony just said, “Oh, OK” and went back outside to talk and play with the other kids.
A few minutes later he came back in and said angrily, “Grandma, it is not called sexual intercourse! It’s called Bunk Beds and Jimmy’s Mom wants to talk to you!!”
My wife dresses to kill. She cooks the same way.
My friend’s husband is always telling her that housekeeping would be a snap if only she would organize her time better. Recently he had a chance to put his theory into practice while his wife was away.
When I popped in one evening to see how he was managing, he crowed, “I made a cake, frosted it, washed the kitchen windows, cleaned all the cupboards, scrubbed the kitchen floor, walls and ceiling and even had a bath.”
I was about to concede that perhaps he was a better manager than his wife, when he added sheepishly, “When I was making the chocolate frosting, I forgot to turn off the mixer before taking the beaters out of the bowl, so I had to do all the rest.”
When you can’t have what you want, it’s time to start wanting what you have.
Two Martians were cruising through the solar system when they suddenly got the urge to try some Earth food. They had no local currency so decided to steal some Mars bars from the local shop. They furtively slipped into the shop while the shopkeeper wasn’t looking, nabbed the bars and slipped back out again.
“Stop! You never paid for those!” shouted the shopkeeper.
The aliens dropped the bars and beamed back up to the mothership. Their mates were furious when they discovered they hasn’t brought any food back with them. “What?” they goggled, “You couldn’t even take a few Mars bars from a shop without getting caught? What happened?”
“I don’t know how the shopkeeper saw us,” said one of the unsuccessful shoplifters. “She must have had eyes in the front of her head!”
“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities!”
Norman Vincent Peale
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.