April 25, 2022
“Think positive, be positive and positive things will happen.”
It was a summer like Saturday, I did venture out to brunch with a friend. Other than that I succumbed to Spring Fever and dosed most of the day. I could not let myself stay lazy all weekend so I did finish a few critical tasks on Sunday.
This week will include multiple opportunities I just need to stay positive to take advantage of them.
- If you want to get somewhere, you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up.
- The secret of life isn’t what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you.
- Help other people to cope with their problems and your own will be easier to cope with.
- Never use the word impossible seriously again. Toss it into the verbal wastebasket.
- Self-trust is the first secret of success. So believe in and trust yourself.
- Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.
- Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
- How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself – so always think positively.
- Go at life with abandon; give it all you’ve got. And life will give all it has to you.
Norman Vincent Peale
“Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”
Roy T. Bennett
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.”
A sailor, while bringing flowers to a cemetery, noticed an old Chinese man placing a bowl of rice on a nearby grave. The sailor walked up to the man and asked, “When do you expect your friend to come up and eat the rice?”
The old Chinese man replied with a smile, “Same time your friend comes up to smell the flowers.”
“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, “Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?”
As the shopkeeper’s heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he’s on her level and asks, “Do you want a widdle white wabbit, or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?”
She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward, and says in a tiny quiet voice, “I don’t think my python weally gives a thit”.
“Man has never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.”
A generally good-humored boss was finally compelled to call an employee into his office about the sick leave policy. “It has not escaped my attention,” he pointed out, “that every time there’s a home game at the stadium, you have to take your aunt to the doctor.”
“You know you’re right, sir,” exclaimed the bashfully grinning employee. “I didn’t realize it. You don’t suppose she’s faking it, do you?”
Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn?
It was a typical Fall Saturday and the wife happened upon her husband sprawled on the couch, beer in hand, staring at a college football game on the TV. After taking in the scene a few moments, she said, “Ya know George, somehow I find it difficult to believe that you’re the end product of millions of years of evolution.
Q: How many computer programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None, that’s a hardware problem.
Two blondes were sipping their Starbucks when a truck went past loaded up with rolls of sod. “I’m going to do that when I win the lottery,” … announced Blonde #1.
“Do what?” asked Blonde #2.
“Send my lawn out to be mowed.
“If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.”
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.