February 21, 2022
I’m excited about what the future will bring, and I think the best is yet to come.
Here we go again, another new week. I was pretty fatigued last week and canceled some of my activities. I plan on getting back into the fray this week. I am scheduled to participate in a number of events I know I will like. I do have a doctors appointment early tomorrow to check a few things and then on to a good week. I hope you enjoy the days ahead like I plan to.
In case you have spent time recently in the doldrums here is what Marc Chernoff offers to bring excitement back into our lives.
10 Little Things to Remember When Life No Longer Excites You
- A big part of your life is a result of the choices you make. And if you don’t like your life – if it completely lacks excitement and passion – it’s time to start making changes and better choices.
- Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. You CAN follow a path that moves you. You are always free to do something small and positive that makes you happy.
- There is good reason why you should wake each morning and mindfully consider what and who you will give your day to. Because unlike other things in life – money, entertainment, obligations, etc. – time is the one thing you can never get back once it’s gone.
- It’s not what you say, but how you spend your time. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- Your passion is an inherent part of you. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. Nothing you have that much passion for is ever a waste of time, no matter how it turns out in the long run.
- When you focus your heart and mind upon a meaningful purpose, and commit yourself to fulfill that purpose a little bit every day, positive energy gradually floods into your life.
- We have to stop telling ourselves that other people are our reason for being unhappy, unfulfilled, etc. They aren’t in the long run.
- The more we fill our lives with genuine passion and purpose the less time and energy we’ll waste looking for approval and admiration from everyone else.
- Your body may eventually grow tired, you may lie awake some nights listening to your past regrets, you may miss your only love, you may see the world around you overcome by negativity, or know your respect has been trampled on by unfriendly faces. There is only one thing for healing that works every time – to rediscover what excites you and then dive deeper into it. That’s the only positive effort that a battered mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or doubt, and never dream of regretting.
- Just one small step today. That’s all. True purpose has no time limit. True passion has no deadline. Don’t stress and overwhelm yourself. Just do what you can right now – just the next smallest step on a meaningful path.
Life is meant to be joyful, fun, adventurous, meaningful and exciting. Having people you cherish come along for the ride is truly a blessing. Cultivating and maintaining these meaningful relationships is such an important part of life.
A man got a job as a night watchman at a factory. There had been a lot of thefts by the workers on the night shift ,and so every morning when the night shift workers passed through his gate it was his job to check their bags and pockets to make sure that nothing was being stolen. Things were going along very well the first night on the job until a man pushing a wheelbarrow of newspaper came through his gate. Aha, he thought, that man thinks he can cover up what he is stealing with that newspaper. So he removed the paper only to find nothing. Still he felt that the man was acting strangely, so he questioned him about the paper. “I get a little extra money from newspapers I recycle, so I go into the lunchroom and pick up all the ones people have thrown away.” The guard let him pass, but decided to keep a close eye on him.
The next night it was the same, and the night after that. Week after week it went on. The same guy would push the wheelbarrow of newspapers past the guard’s checkpoint. The guard would always check and find nothing. Then one night, about a year later, the guard reported for work only to find a message had been left for him telling him to report to his supervisor. He walked into the supervisor’s office and before he could say a word, the boss said, “You’re fired!” –Fired?– he asked in total surprise. –Why? What did I do?”
“It was your job to make sure that no one stole anything from this plant and you have failed. So you’re fired.”
“Wait a minute, what do you mean failed. Nobody ever stole anything from this place while I was on guard.”
“Oh, really,” the boss answered. “Then how do you account for the fact that there are 365 wheelbarrows missing?”
I accidently listened to my motivation tapes backwards and became a failure.
“How do I know that my youth’s all spent?
Well, my get up and go has got up and went.
But in spite of it all, I’m able to grin
When I recall where my get up has been.
Old age is golden, so I’ve heard it said,
But sometimes I wonder, when I get into bed.
My years in a drawer and teeth in a cup,
My eyes on the table until I wake up.
The sleep dims my eyes, I say to myself —
‘Is there anything else I should lay on the shelf?’
And I am happy to say as I close my door,
My friends are the same, perhaps even more.
When I was young, my slippers were red,
I could kick of my heels right over my head,
When I grew older my slippers were blue,
But still I could dance the whole night through.
Now I am old, my slippers are black.
I walked to the store and puff my way back;
The reason I know my youth is all spent,
My get up and go has got up and went.
But I really don’t mind, when I think with a grin
Of all the grand places my get up has been.
Since I have retired from life’s competition,
I busy myself with complete repetition.
I get up each morning, dust off my wits,
Pick up my paper, and read the “Obits,”
If my name is missing, I know I’m not dead.
So I eat a good breakfast, and go back to bed.”
If you are doing your best, you will not have time to worry about failure.
The slave driver of the Roman ship stared down at his slaves and yelled. “I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is that you’ll be getting double rations tonight.”
The mumbling of the happy slaves was interrupted by the bellowing of the slave driver. “The bad news is that the commander’s son wants to water ski.”
You’re only young once, but you can be immature forever.
My wife has not spoken to me in three days. I think it has something to do with what happened on Sunday night when she thought she heard a noise downstairs. She nudged me and whispered, “Wake up, wake up!”
“What’s the matter”? I asked.
“There are burglars in the kitchen. I think they’re eating the tuna casserole I made tonight.”
“That’ll teach them!” I replied.
Attitude and enthusiasm play a big part in my life.
I get excited about the things that inspire me. I also believe in laughing and having a good time.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.