January 21, 2022
“Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.”
Some of us waste our time trying to be something other than who we are. The happiest people I know do not put on a false front. Our lives are too short to miss the enjoyment each day offers. The secret is to live every day enjoying what we have instead of always looking for more. The grass under our feet is just as beautiful as the grass grown elsewhere.
Life is for living
Life is a gift we’re given each and every day.
Dream about tomorrow, but live for today.
To live a little, you’ve got to love a whole lot.
Love turns the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Life’s a journey always worth taking.
Take time to smell the roses, daffodils and lilacs.
Count blessings like children count stars.
The secret of a happy life isn’t buried in a treasure chest . . . it lies within your heart.
It’s the little moments that make life big.
So don’t wait. Make memories today and celebrate your life!
“Life is about accepting the challenges along the way, choosing to keep moving forward, and savoring the journey.”
Roy T. Bennett
As he lay on his deathbed he spoke, “Sara, I want you should know before I die that Ginsburg the tailor owes me $200, and Morris the butcher owes me $50, and Klein next door owes me $300.”
His wife turned to the children and said, “What a wonderful man your father is. Even when he’s dying he’s got the brains to realize who owes him money.”
The old man continued, “And Sara I want you to also know that I owe the landlord a hundred dollars.”
To which his wife cried, “Oh oh, now he’s getting delirious!”
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
Bidding at a local auction was proceeding furiously when the auctioneer suddenly announced, “A gentleman in this room has lost a wallet containing $10,000. If it is returned, he will pay a reward of $2,000.”
There was a moment’s silence, and then from the back of the room came the cry, “Two thousand five hundred!”
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, “My God, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!”
A man walks into a shoe store, and tries on a pair of shoes. “How do they feel?” asks the sales clerk.
“Well … they feel a bit tight.” replies the man.
The assistant promptly bends down and has a look at the shoes and the mans feet. “Try pulling up on the tongue.” offers the clerk.
“Nath theyth sthill feelth a bith tighth.” He says.
“Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.”
If you have to write a letter of recommendation for a fired employee, here are a few suggested phrases:
- For the chronically absent: “A man like him is hard to find.” “It seemed her career was just taking off.”
- For the office drunk: “I feel his real talent is wasted here.” “We generally found him loaded with work to do.” “Every hour with him was a happy hour.”
- For an employee with no ambition: “He could not care less about the number of hours he had to put in.” “You would indeed be fortunate to get this person to work for you.”
- For an employee who is so unproductive that the job is better left unfilled: “I can assure you that no person would be better for the job.”
- For an employee who is not worth further consideration as a job candidate: “I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment.” “All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him too highly.”
- For a stupid employee: “There is nothing you can teach a man like him.” “I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever.”
- For a dishonest employee: “Her true ability was deceiving.” “He’s an unbelievable worker.”
“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child , and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.
Leave a Reply