January 20. 2022
It is our decisions not our conditions that determine our quality of life.
John C. Maxwell
I think my life is pretty good. One of the reasons is that I always am open to how I might make it better. I have learned that working on our own contentment is a process that results in personal satisfaction and happiness.
Here is a piece that I have edited that offers steps to increase the quality of our lives. While we may not be able to do all them we can do some of them.
20 Ways To Increase The Quality Of Your Life
1. Treat yourself. – It doesn’t matter if it’s a meal out, a visit to a theater, or a pampering visit to a spa. Make the first thing you do a treat that you have been craving for some time. Don’t make excuses about not having time or money. Treats can be free, and you can always make time.
2. Take up a hobby. – When you lead a hum-drum life, it is great to have something to think about that takes you into another world. Hobbies are brilliant for giving you something different to do that you enjoy.
3. Learn a skill. – Learning a new skill is one of the most satisfying things you can do. You will feel a sense of achievement that will boost your self-image. A great way to learn a skill is to join a class. Not only will you learn, but you will make new friends.
4. 30-day challenges. – Life-style gurus are increasingly promoting the idea of taking a 30-day challenge. Challenge yourself to achieve something in 30 days. The challenge can be anything that will benefit you once it has been completed.
5. Contact a loved one. – If you are lucky enough to have a loved one in your life who brightens your day when you speak to them, give them a call. You will feel better for making contact, and then feel much more positive after talking to them.
6. Create a gratitude list. – Sit down with a pad and pencil, preferably in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Allow yourself a few minutes to think about your life and identify the good things.
7. Bring on the humor. – Laughing is very good for you. It will lower your stress and put you in a good mood. It evens burns up a few calories!
8. Grow a positive thinking habit. – Are you prone to negative thoughts? Do you assume the worst will happen in any situation? Being negative damages your quality of life. Stop being a defeatist and start being an optimist. It will take work, but changing the way you think will bring greater happiness and make your quality of life considerably better.
9. Exercise. – Taking exercise is an excellent way of boosting your mood and improving your outlook on life. Go running, or get down to the gym. Sweat out the negatives and get fit for the future.
10. Drink more water. – Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated. It is easy to forget to keep drinking throughout the day. Help yourself to remember by buying a refillable water bottle and keep it filled and with you throughout the day.
11. Declutter your house. – You will feel more positive if you have less unnecessary stuff lying about your house. Get rid of what you don’t want or need, and organize the rest, so it is easy to find when you need it. Doing this will lower your stress levels.
12. Make a daily plan. – Start each day by focusing on what to do, then make a list for that day. A few minutes spent making a list will prevent you from forgetting something important, and will help you prioritize your tasks.
13. Look good. – Every one of us feels better when we make an effort to look good. Looking good makes us feel good, and that really matters.
14. Save up for something special. – Do you dream of owning something that is too expensive to buy right now? Start saving a little money each week, and you will be doing something positive.
15. Meditation. – Meditation gives you a chance to clear your mind and focus on the now. Some people take a gentle walk. It is up to you how you approach meditation. Remember, the critical thing is that you must clear your mind and focus on you in the here and now.
16. Take a trip. – A hectic life with no time off is not good for you. We all need a little relaxation, and looking forward to a trip is a great way to make yourself feel better.
17. Help others. – One of the best ways of creating positivity is to help other people. Not only do you feel good about yourself, but other people will benefit from your involvement. Helping others will make you feel that you have something to offer the world.
18. Yoga. – Yoga is a great way to relax. It is also perfect for your health, as it increases your strength and flexibility. Again, if you feel physically in great shape, your mind will be in great shape.
19. Eat healthily. – Diet is a vital aspect of keeping healthy and to increase the quality of your life. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, drink lots of water, and avoid too much red meat.
20. Take a walk through nature. – Get out into the countryside and enjoy the great outdoors. If you need a reason, take a camera. Appreciate the sheer beauty of the world we live in, and think how lucky you are to be a part of it. Nothing is more life-affirming than life itself.
There is only one person responsible for the quality of life you live and that person is you.
A rabbi said to a precocious six-year-old boy: “So your mother says your prayers for you each night? Very commendable. What does she say?”
The little boy replied, “Thank God he’s in bed!”
Daddy, where did I come from?” the seven-year-old asked.
It was a moment for which her parents had carefully prepared. They took her into the living room, got out the encyclopedia and several other books, and explained all they thought she should know about sexual attraction, affection, love, and reproductions. Then they both sat back and smiled contentedly.
“Does that answer your question?” her father asked.
“Not really,” the little girl said. “Marcia said she came from Detroit. I want to know where I came from.”
Time may be a great healer but it’s also a lousy beautician.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I feel miserable because I have to keep writing for money. I feel ashamed and unhappy. I have to ask for another hundred, but every cell in my body rebels. I beg on bended knee that you forgive me.
Your son, Marvin.
P.S. I felt so terrible, I ran after the mailman who picked this up in the box at the corner. I wanted to take this letter and burn it. I prayed that I could get it back. But it was too late.”
A few days later he received a letter from his father. It said,
“Your prayers were answered.
Your letter never came!”
“Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?”
Two guys are driving through Texas when they get pulled over by a state trooper. The trooper walks up, taps on the window with his nightstick, the driver rolls down the window, and the trooper smacks him in the head with the stick.
The driver says, “Why’d you do that?
The trooper says, “You’re in Texas, son. When I pull you over, you’ll have your license ready.”
Driver says, “I’m sorry, officer, I’m not from around here.”
The trooper runs a check on the guy’s license, and he’s clean. He gives the guy his license back and walks around to the passenger side and taps on the window. The passenger rolls his window down, and the trooper smacks him with the nightstick.
The passenger says, “What’d you do that for?”
The cop says, “Just making your wishes come true.”
The passenger says, “Huh?”
The cop says, “I know that two miles down the road you’re gonna say, ‘I wish that guy would’ve tried that crap with me!'”
Brain cells come and go but fat cells live forever.
“My girlfriend came up to me the other day and introduced me to one of her male friends, and at first I didn’t mind, since I’m not the jealous type. I just wish she hadn’t started calling him “Sweetie” and living with him and having his kids and marrying him and stuff. It’s really starting to make me wonder if she wants a future with me or not.”
Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad.
The priest was at the side of a dying man. Whispering firmly, the priest said, “Denounce the devil! Let him know how little you think of his evil!”
The dying man said nothing.
The priest repeated his order. Still the dying man said nothing. The priest asked, “Why do you refuse to denounce the devil and his evil?”
The dying man said, “Well, if you really want the truth, until I know where I’m going, I don’t think I should make him mad!”
It is time to stop looking outside yourself for the answers to why you haven’t created the life and results you want, for it is you who creates the quality of life you lead and the results you produce. You-no one else! To achieve major success in life-to achieve those things that are most important to you-you must assume 100% responsibility for your life. Nothing less will do.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.