August 13, 2021
Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.
One of the advantages of retirement is that we are free to become who we want to be. Unfortunately too many of us fail to learn how we can find a better way of life. Many of us have spent a lifetime learning to be what others wanted us to be. It is never too late to let yourself become truly happy.
Here is an article that I have abridged for folks who are willing to let go while becoming someone special.
10 Ways To Always Be Yourself And Live Happily
1. Don’t Aim to Please Others – There is a problem if you are never doing what you want to do, yet always doing what everyone else wants to do. Pleasing others can be a nice thing to do, but know where your boundaries are. Instead of always aiming to please others, you should do things for yourself as well every now and then.
2. Don’t Worry About How Others View You – Occasionally thinking about how others view you may make you change for the good, but you should not be constantly wondering about what others are thinking.
3. Learn More About Yourself – Do you know who you really are? Ever since you were young, you have been conditioned to be one way or another. It may be weird just to spend a day being your spontaneous self, but sometimes it is the only way that you can learn how to be yourself.
4. Appreciate Who You Are – No matter how weird you are, appreciate yourself! Appreciate your weirdness and let it out.
5. Be Confident with Who You Are – Do you ever doubt yourself? Doubting yourself can be very easy if you are constantly comparing yourself to others and wondering “What if?”
6. Forgive Yourself – Don’t think negative thoughts about yourself for taking wrong steps or making wrong decisions. This kind of thinking puts your focus on the problem and not the solution. It’s better to say good things about yourself than to say negative things. Always saying positive things about yourself is a sign that you have forgiven yourself.
7. Stop Being Negative About Yourself – Do you look at everything as a glass half full or a glass half empty? It can be easy to be negative about yourself. When it comes to being happy, it is vital that you learn how to be yourself and to be more positive.
8. Find a Hobby That You Love – Everyone has something that they live for or that they love to do. Figure out what you love to do and make a hobby out of it. Doing what you love can make you much happier.
9. Learn from Your Mistakes – Mistakes in your life do not always need to be seen negatively. Think about what went wrong, learn from it, and move on.
10. Strive for What You Want to Accomplish – Being yourself does not have to mean that you have to be stuck in status quo. Aim for what you want to achieve and strive for that accomplishment. You can improve yourself while still remaining true to yourself.
Some people around you will not understand your journey. They don’t need to; it’s not for them.
Because they needed some help around the house, the minister’s wife placed an ad for a manservant.
Around 8 a.m. the next morming a nicely dressed young man appears at their front door.
“Can you fix breakfast by 7 a.m. every day?” the minister asks the young man.
“Well…… I guess I can,” came the bewildered reply.
“And can you make the beds, dust the living room, do the dishes, cut the grass, and polish the silver also.” the minister continued.
“Gee, sir, I just came by to see about getting married. But if it’s going to be that much work, you can count me out right now!”
Waiter to blonde customer: “How do you want me to slice your pizza? Into six or twelve slices?”
Blonde: “SIX!!!! Gosh sakes, I could *never* eat 12 slices!”
Bull Market: A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.
Bear Market: A 6-18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.
Momentum Investing: The fine art of buying high and selling low.
Value Investing: The are of buying low and selling lower.
P/E Ratio: The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.
Broker: What my broker has made me.
“BUY-BUY”: A flight attendant making market recommendations as you step off the airplane.
Standard & Poor: My life in a nutshell.
Stock Analyst: Idiot who just downgraded your stock.
Stock Split: When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.
Financial Planner: A guy who actually remembers his wallet when he runs to the 7-11 for toilet paper and cigarettes.
Market Correction: The day after you buy stocks.
Cash Flow: The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.
Yahoo: What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240. per share.
Windows 2000: What you jump out of when you’re the sucker that bought Yahoo at $240./share.
Institutional Investor: Past year investor who’s now locked up in a nut house.
Profit: Religious guy who talks to God.
“Have a strong mind and a soft heart.”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
An Irish girl went to London to work as a secretary and began sending home money and gifts to her parents. After a few years they asked her to come home for a visit, as her father was getting frail and elderly.
She pulled up to the family home in a Rolls Royce and stepped out wearing furs .and diamonds As she walked into the house her father said “Hmmm, they seem to be paying secretaries awfully well in London”.
The girl took his hands and said, “Dad, I’ve been meaning to tell you something for years but I didn’t want to put it in a letter I can’t hide it from you any longer. I’ve become a “prostitute”.
Her father gasped, put his hand on his heart and keeled over. The doctor was called but the old man had clearly lost the will to live. He was put to bed and the priest was called.
As the priest began to administer Extreme Unction, with the mother and daughter weeping and wailing, the old man muttered weakly, “I’m a goner, killed by me own daughter! Killed by the shame of what you’ve become”.
“Please forgive me,” his daughter sobbed, “I only wanted to have nice things! I wanted to be able to send you money and the only way I could do it was by becoming a “prostitute”.
Brushing the priest aside the old man bolted upright in bed, smiling.
“Did ye say prostitute? I thought ye said “PROTESTANT !!”
Did any of you married people out there ever wonder whether it’s better to have loved and lost, than to have loved and won?
I was listening to a lady who called a radio pastor. The pastor was a wise, grandfatherly gentleman who has that calm reassuring voice that can melt all fear. The lady, who was obviously crying, said, “Pastor, I was born blind, and I’ve been blind all my life. I don’t mind being blind but I have some well meaning friends who tell me that if I had more faith I could be healed.” The pastor asked her, “Tell me, do you carry one of those white tipped canes?” “Yes I do,” she replied. “Then the next time someone says that, hit them over the head with the cane,” He said. “Then tell them ‘If you had more faith that wouldn’t hurt!'”
In your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go and be sheltered so they may thrive and grow.
A man was filling out a job application. When he came to the question, “Have you ever been arrested?”
He wrote, “No.”
The next question, intended for people who had answered in the affirmative to the previous question, was “Why?”
The applicant answered it anyway: “Never got caught.”
Don’t play stupid with me…. I’m better at it!
1. Muslims do not recognize Judaism as a religion.
2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters.
You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.