May 6, 2021
“Every new day is another chance to change your life.”
As the covid restrictions on our activities are lifted we are free to move to a more normal life. The challenge for us is to work torwards making the days ahead what we would like them to be. It is time to leave our caves and rejoin the world.
There is no need to return to who we once where, now is the time we can work to be who we would like to be. The new dawn brings new opportunity and it is up to us to take advantage of the chance to make the days ahead great.
Recently I got a message from Angel Chernoff and I have provided excerts from her message below to help us focus on what we can do for ourselves.
We all need our own time to travel our own distance. And right now, you just need to keep peaceful, productive thoughts and perspectives centered in your mind, as you take things one step at a time…
- Don’t waste your energy fighting against where you are. Invest your energy into getting to where you want to go. Let go of everything from the past that does not serve you, and just be grateful it brought you to where you are now—to this new beginning.
- You may not be responsible for everything that happened to you when you were younger, and you may not be responsible for everything that happened to you yesterday either, but you need to be responsible for undoing the thinking patterns these circumstances created.
- When you look back on your past, think of the strength you gained, and appreciate how far you’ve come. It hasn’t been easy. You’ve been through a lot. But you’ve grown a lot too. Give yourself credit for your resilience, and step forward again with grace.
- Too often we spend our time waiting for the ideal path to appear. But it never does. Because we forget that paths are made by walking, not waiting. Now is the time! And no, you shouldn’t feel more confident and motivated before you take the next step.
- Love what you do, until you can do what you love. Love where you are, until you can be where you love. Love the people you are with, until you can be with the people you love most. This is the way we find happiness, opportunity, and peace in the long run.
- Ultimately, it’s about letting go of what you assume your life is supposed to be like right now and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is. At the end of this day, before you close your eyes, smile and be at peace with where you’ve been and grateful for what you have. Life is good.
I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.
“Kids Takes On Life”
SOME SUREFIRE WAYS TO MAKE A PERSON FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU
“Tell them that you own a whole bunch of candy stores.” – Del, age 6
“Shake your hips and hope for the best.” – Camille, age 9
“Yell out that you love them at the top of your lungs … and don’t worry if their parents are right there.” – Manuel, age 8
“Don’t do things like have smelly, green sneakers. You might get attention, but attention ain’t the same thing as love.” – Alonzo, age 9
“One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure it’s something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me.” – Bart, age 9
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF TWO ADULTS EATING DINNER AT A RESTAURANT ARE IN LOVE?
“Just see if the man picks up the check. That’s how you can tell if he’s in love.” – Bobby, age 9
“Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold … Other people care more about the food.” – Bart, age 9
“Romantic adults usually are all dressed up, so if they are just wearing jeans it might mean they used to go out or they just broke up.” – Sarah, age 9
“See if the man has lipstick on his face.” – Sandra, age 7
We live by hope. We do not always get all we want when we want it. But we have to believe that someday, somehow, some way, it will be better and that we can make it so.
Hubert H. Humphrey
After booking my 80-year-old grandmother on a flight from Florida to Nevada, I called the airline to go over her special needs. The representative listened patiently as I requested a wheelchair and an attendant for my mother because of her arthritis and impaired vision to the point of near blindness. My apprehension lightened a bit when the woman assured me that everything would be taken care of. I thanked her profusely. “Oh, you’re welcome,” she replied. I was about to hang up when she cheerfully asked, … “And will your grandmother need a rental car?
Nothing improves memory like trying to forget.
A woman went to a computer dating service and said she didn’t care about looks, income or background. All she wanted was a man of upright character.
Then a man came in and told them the only thing he was seeking in a woman was intelligence.
The service matched them together at once because they had one thing in common — they were both pathological liars.
Happiness is mostly a by-product of doing what makes us feel fulfilled.
Dr. Benjamin Spock
A Kansas cyclone hit a farmhouse just before dawn one morning. It lifted the roof off, picked up the beds, on which the farmer and his wife slept, and set them down gently in the next county.
“Don’t be scared, Mary,” her husband said. “We’re not hurt.”
Mary continued to cry. “I’m not scared,” she responded between sobs. “I’m happy ’cause this is the first time in 14 years we’ve been out together.”
Of course I don’t look busy…I did it right the first time!
The young secretary was describing her evening’s exploits to a friend. “After dinner,” she said, “he wanted to come back to my apartment, but I refused. I told him my mother would worry if I did anything like that.”
“That was smart,” her friend said, approvingly, “Then what happened?”
“He kept insisting, and I kept refusing,” the secretary said.
“You didn’t weaken your resolve did you?” asked the friend.
“Not one bit. In the end, we went to his apartment. I figured, let HIS mother worry…”
Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them.
Richard L. Evans
While I was taking a Law course, the ‘Audi alteram parten’ rule was explained to us.
Translated it means “To hear the other party”
After discussing the subject at great length, the lecturer asked if anyone didn’t understand the rule.
Responded one man “My Wife”
Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are hundreds of readers from around the world.