November 30, 2020
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.”
Our days do not seem to get aby better as we wait for the end of the pandemic. I know I miss being with my wife and cuildren. I also miss getting to cocialize with griends and my fellow residents as I continue to stay isolated in my apartment.
It has never been more important for us to doall we can to stay happy. The worse thing that can haapen will be if we let our remorse make things even worse. It may not be easy but our happiness is up to ourselves. Here are a few ideas I picked up from the internet that can help us to stay upbeat.
Positive Tips to Be Happy NOW
- Sit down and create a list of things you love and then go ahead and actively engage yourself in one or two of the items on your list..
- Please accept yourself and love yourself – unconditionally. Practice extreme self-care and set healthy boundaries.
- Just Stop resurfacing and rethinking the past. Don’t invest your energy in things you can’t go back and redo.
- Do not make the mistake of comparing your life to others. Keep your feet in your own shoes and follow your own path. Discover your own life’s purpose.
- Schedule something enjoyable: listen to your favorite music, call a friend, order a pizza you love, play with children. When you schedule a fun time, you will stick to it and have fun.
- Oh please oh please, don’t waste your precious time and energy on idle gossip.
- Take a really good look around you. Who are you spending time with? Are they draining your energy? Clear out your heart space and physical space to make room for positive, like-minded people who will contribute to your life – not take away from it.
- Laugh a lot, smile a lot and lighten up. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Life is more fun when we greet it with a smile.
- You need to realize that there is only one person responsible for your happiness – and that person is YOU. No one can make you feel sad or down unless YOU let them.
- Being right is not a necessity. You don’t always have to be right. It’s perfectly fine to agree to disagree. Its freeing.
- Firmly practice mindfulness – in everything you do. Be IN the moment you are IN and not somewhere else.
- Considerably reduce your expectations and change your perceptions. Don’t try to change things you can’t control.
- You don’t have to have what everybody else has. Don’t long for what everybody else has. Its boring really. Know that you have everything you need and carve your own path. Envy is a wasted emotion.
- Say NO to hatred and revenge. Life is too short to waste on these negative emotions. It’s like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It will eat you up inside. Forgive. Then Drop it…let it go like a balloon in the sky forever.
“Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.”
A friend was lecturing in Latin America. He was going to use a translator, but to identify with his audience, he wanted to begin his talk by saying in Spanish, “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.” He arrived at the auditorium a little early and realized he did not know the Spanish words for ladies and gentlemen. Being rather resourceful, he went to the part of the building where the restrooms were, looked at the signs on the two doors, and memorized those two words.
When the audience arrived and he was introduced, he stood up and said in Spanish, “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.”
The audience was shocked. He didn’t know whether he had offended them or perhaps they hadn’t heard him or understood him. So he decided to repeat it. Again in Spanish he said, “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.”
One person in the audience began to snicker. Pretty soon the entire audience was laughing. Finally, someone told him that he had said, “Good evening, bathrooms and broom closets!”
She said: All Desirable things in life are either ILLEGAL, BANNED, FATTENING, OR MARRIED TO OTHERS.
Tim: I hear you just got married again.
Sam: Yes, for the fourth time.
Tim: What happened to your first three wives?
Sam: They all died.
Tim: How did that happen?
Sam: My first wife ate poison mushrooms.
Tim: How terrible! And your second?
Sam: She ate poison mushrooms.
Tim: And your third ate poison mushrooms too?
Sam: Oh, no. She died of a broken neck.
Tim: I see; an accident.
Sam: Not exactly. She wouldn’t eat the mushrooms.
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Little Johnny said to Suzi, “We’re going to have a GREAT time Saturday. I’ve gotten three tickets for the big game.”
“Why do we need three?” asked Suzi.
Little Johnny gave her an evil grin and said, “They’re for your Father, Mother and kid sister!”
My wife will buy anything marked down. Yesterday she came home with an escalator.
If Men Got Pregnant…
* Maternity leave would last for two years…with full pay.
* There’d be a cure for stretch marks.
* Natural childbirth would become obsolete.
* Morning sickness would rank as the nation’s number one health problem.
* All methods of birth control would be improved 100 percent effectiveness.
* Children would be kept in the hospital until they were toilet trained.
* Men would be eager to talk about commitment.
* They wouldn’t think twins were quite so cute.
* Fathers would demand that their sons be home from dates by 10:00pm.
* Men could use THEIR briefcases as diaper bags.
* They’d have to stop saying, “I’m afraid I’ll drop him.”
* Paternity suits would be a line of clothes.
* They’d stay in bed for the entire nine months.
* Menus at most restaurants would list ice cream and pickles as an entree.
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
A golfer asked his friend, “Why are you so late?”
The friend replied, “It’s Sunday. I had to toss a coin between going to church or playing golf and it took 25 tosses to get it right!”
“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than twenty years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.