February 17, 2020
“You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on
I honestly think that the best way to enjoy your day is to stay positive. Not only will you get to feel you good about yourself, others will gravitate to you. No one really likes folks who are down most of the time.
How about you? Are you a positive person who makes not only your day but also the day of others around you?
I think the secret is to combine a good attitude with a belief in yourself. Too many of us take other people’s criticisms too seriously. I am glad that those of you I know personally are a pleasure to be around, so my friends stay positive and be happy.
Here is something I got from Joe Gordon that I would like to share with you today.
FEED THE POSITIVE TODAY (AND EVERY DAY)
Your mind is a like a garden. You need to weed it and feed it. Weed the negative. Feed the positive. Doing it one day won’t do a lot but if you weed and feed every day, over time the garden will look magnificent.
1) If they praise you, show up and do the work. If they criticize you, show up and do the work. If no one even notices you, just show up and do the work. Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way.
2) Greatness isn’t achieved by worrying what everyone thinks of you. Don’t look outside. The praise, criticism, expectations; it’s all just noise. Look inside to your heart and soul and do your thing. Do it with love and create greatness from the inside out.
3) Today, shift your perspective and realize it’s not about having to do anything. Life is not an obligation. It’s a gift. Replace “Have To” with “Get To.” Focus on gratitude and you’ll find yourself feeling blessed instead of stressed.
4) Remember… big opportunities come from doing the small things with a big dose of passion, love, purpose and excellence. Be faithful with what you have and where you are today. Don’t chase success. Decide to make a difference and success will find you.
5) Tomorrow is a new day. Don’t let what you didn’t do become what you never did. No more putting it off. No more waiting till the “perfect” time. No more letting busyness get in the way. Get started.
“When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.”
We Were So Poor That We Could Only Afford…
Medicines called placebos
Five of the Ten Commandments
Sunrise Or Sunset
Webster’s Extremely Abridged Dictionary
Lipton Tea Bag strings
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.
In order for the Italians not to be left out in naming their ships, they finally registered the following designation with NATO :
USA is USS which means “United States Ship”.
British is HMS which means “Her Majesty’s Ship”.
Italy is AMB which means “Atsa My Boat!”
“I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There’s a knob called brightness, but it doesn’t work.”
Eugene P. Gallagher
– Hello, that’s you, Abe?
– Yes, dis is Abe…
– It doesn’t sount like Abe
– Vell, dis is Abe all right.
– You’re positive it’s Abe?
– Vell, listen Abie, dis is Moe. Can you lend me fifty dollars?
– Ven Abe comes in, I’ll tell him you called…
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
A member of the Country Club asked the lifeguard how he might go about teaching a young lady to swim.
“It takes considerable time and technique.” replied the guard. “First you must take her into the water, then place one arm about her waist, hold her tightly, then take her right arm and raise it very slowly…”
“This is certainly most helpful.” said the member. “I know that my sister will appreciate it.”
“Your sister?” said the lifeguard. “In that case, just push her into the deep end of the pool. She’ll learn in a hurry.”
Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
An off-duty police officer, familiar with radar guns, drove through a school zone within the legal speed limit when the flash of a camera went off, taking a picture of his license plate.
The officer, thinking the radar was in error, drove by again; even more slowly. Another flash. He did it again for a third time, at an even slower speed. Same result.
“This guy must have screwed up the settings,” the off-duty officer thought.
A few weeks later, when he received the violations in the mail, he discovered three traffic tickets: each for not wearing a seat belt!
I know I’m not going to understand women. I’ll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax, pour it onto your upper thigh, rip the hair out by the root, and still be afraid of a spider.
His son is a “high-energy” kid who never sits still and is always on the move. He was surprised when his wife suggested that they buy him a bike for his birthday.
“Do you really believe that’ll help improve his behavior ?” he asked.
“Well, no,” she admitted, “But it’ll spread it over a wider area.”
“Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.”
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.