December 10, 2019
You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine.
Dieter F. Uchrdorf
I am not sure we could ever be happy trying to be someone else. The best thing we can ever do is learn to be happy being ourselves. Many of you have heard me say that “this is as good as I get”, and for me that is enough. I am too old to start again, and that is OK.
In truth I like almost all of you as you are. I hope you appreciate what makes you special. Today I want to share with you what an author offered as the key to happiness.
Steps to happiness
You can’t be all things to all people.
You can’t do all things at once.
You can’t do all things equally well.
You can’t do all things better than everyone else.
Your humanity is showing just like everyone else’s.
You have to find out who you are, and be that.
You have to decide what comes first, and do that.
You have to discover your strengths, and use them.
You have to learn not to compete with others,
Because no one else is in the contest of being you.
You will have learned to accept your own uniqueness.
You will have learned to set priorities and make decisions.
You will have learned to live with your limitations.
You will have learned to give yourself the respect that is due.
And you’ll be a most vital mortal.
Dare To Believe
That you are a wonderful, unique person.
That you are a once-in-all-history event.
That it’s more than a right, it’s your duty, to be who you are.
That life is not a problem to solve, but a gift to cherish.
And you’ll be able to stay one up on what used to get you down.
Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as it should be.
Wayne W. Dyer
THE SECRETS OF WOMAN’S LANGUAGE
- FINE – This is the word a woman uses at the end of any argument that she feels she is right about but needs to shut you up. NEVER use fine to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.
- FIVE MINUTES – This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football/hockey or whatever game is going to last before you take out the trash, so she feels that it’s an even trade.
- NOTHING – This means something and you should be on your toes. “Nothing” is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. “Nothing” usually signifies an argument that will last “Five Minutes” and end with the word “Fine”.
- GO AHEAD (c/w Raised Eyebrows) – This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over “Nothing” and eventually cause an argument that will last “Five Minutes” and end with the word “Fine”.
- GO AHEAD (w/out raised eyebrows) – This means “I give up. Do what you want because I don’t care.” You will, however, get a Raised Eyebrow “Go Ahead” in just a few minutes, followed by “Nothing”, and a “Five Minute” argument ending with “Fine”.
- LOUD SIGH – Not actually a word of course but often a verbal cue misunderstood by men. The “Loud Sigh” means she thinks you’re an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing there having a “Five Minute” argument with you over “Nothing”.
- SOFT SIGH – One of the few sounds that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is not to move or breathe. Just stay clear.
“Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don’t know and I don’t care.”
Kathy offered to care for the six-year-old son of her next-door neighbor. She arrived in time to prepare breakfast, laying a generous helping of bacon and eggs in front of the child.
“Mother always serves hot biscuits for breakfast,” said the six-year-old.
So, Kathy, very eager to oblige, hurried into the kitchen and quickly prepared a plate of hot biscuits, which she laid in front of the boy.
“No, thank you,” he said.
“But I thought you said your mother always prepares hot biscuits for breakfast!” said Kathy in surprise.
“She does,” said the child. “But I don’t eat them.”
“According to ‘Modern Bride’ magazine, the average bride spends 150 hours planning her wedding. The average groom spends 150 hours going, ‘Yeah, sounds good.'”
One day I found Morris, my five-year-old son, with the telephone, which he quickly hung up when he saw me. “What were you doing?” I asked him.
“Calling Aunt Sarah.”
“How could you have called Aunt Sarah ?” I asked. “You don’t even know her number.”
“Yes, I do and I did call her,” little Morris replied.
I wasted a lot of breath trying to convince him that he didn’tknow her number, but he insisted he had made the call.
“Okay,” I said finally. “What did she say, then, if you called her?”
“She told me I had the wrong number.”
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
“Get this,” said a guy to his friends, “Last night while I was down at the bar with you guys, a burglar broke into my house.”
“Did he get anything,” his friends asked.
The guy said, “Yeah, a broken jaw, six teeth knocked out, and a coupla’ broken ribs.”
One of his friends asks, “Hey….how did that happen?”
The guy answered, “Well, it was really late at night and my wife thought it was ‘me’ coming home!”
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.