August 22, 2019
Life is a mirror; it reflects your face. Be friendly, and all of life will reflect friendliness.
We have a temporary server in our dining room who recently graduated from High School. She is liked by everyone, She is poised, smart and caring. She is one of the most personable people I have ever met. Soon she will be moving to a college in another state leaving us all with fond memories.
The following abridged article could have been written about Sophie,
my friend and appreciated server.
10 Things Highly Personable People Do Differently
- They listen. And I mean REALLY listen. – Being a good listener is about much more than remembering what someone said. Listening is a relationship tool, and highly personable people know this. It gives the other person a message about whether you care or not.
- They use verbal feedback. – Highly personable people give verbal cues to express they are listening. Expressions of positive words show other people they are definitely being paid attention to. It makes other people feel important.
- They show empathy. – Many people confuse empathy with sympathy. Sympathy is feeling sorry for another person, whereas empathy is “putting yourself in another person’s shoes” and really trying to identify with his/her experience.
- They ask questions and encourage others to elaborate. – When people ask us questions and want to hear more about us, we like it.
- Their body language says they care. – Nonverbal communication accounts for about 90% of the meaning of a message. So keep it positive – have direct eye contact, tilt your head (this is a sign of empathy), and minimize distractions (such as your phone).
- They remember things about you.
- They use your name when speaking to you. – Directly acknowledging people makes them feel like real human beings. Using people’s names makes them think they are special in your eyes.
- They use touch to convey interest. – Touch can convey many things, but interest and connectedness are two of the big ones. A small and brief touch on the arm or shoulder says “I’m with you.” Highly personable people use this technique, and it usually works.
- They smile, laugh and talk about positive things. – They talk about the good stuff going on in their lives, not the negativity. They keep it happy.
- They make everyone feel good. – Because highly personable people keep it happy, everyone feels good around them! They exude positive energy and literally draw people to them like a magnet.
“Most people want, need, and respond positively to gestures of kindness and goodness. This universal friendliness connects humanity.”
― Susan C. Young,
The shoe dealer was hiring a clerk. “Suppose,” he said, “a lady customer were to remark while you were trying to fit her, ‘Don’t you think one of my feet is bigger than the other?’ What would you say?”
“I would say, ‘On the contrary, Ma’am, one is smaller than the other.’ ”
“The job is yours.”
Everybody repeat after me: “We are all individuals!”
Morty and Sarah had just returned home from a party. Sarah said, “Do you realize what you did tonight, Morty?”
“No I don’t,” Morty replied, “But I’ll admit I was wrong. What did I do?”
Sign in a Laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT
One night a blonde nun was praying in her room when God appeared before her. “My daughter, you have pleased me greatly. Your heart is full of love for your fellow creatures and your actions and prayers are always for the benefit of others. I have come to you, not only to thank and commend you, but to grant you anything you wish,” said God. “Dear Heavenly Father, I am perfectly happy. I am a bride of Christ. I am doing what I love. I lack for nothing material since the Church supports me. I am content in all ways,” said the nun.
“There must be something you would have of me,” said God.
“Well, there is one thing,” she said.
“Just name it,” said God.
“It’s those blond jokes. They are so demeaning to blondes everywhere, not just to me. I would like for blond jokes to stop.”
“Consider it done,” said God. “Blonde jokes shall be stricken from the minds of humans everywhere. But surely there is something that I could do just for you.”
“There is one thing. But it’s really small, and not worth your time,” said the nun.
“Name it. Please,” said God.
“It’s the M&M’s,” said the nun. “They’re so hard to peel.”
It goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows.
The little boy wasn’t getting good marks in school. One day he made the teacher quite surprised. He tapped her on the shoulder and said, “I don’t want to scare you, but my daddy says if I don’t get better grades, somebody is going to get a spanking.”
When you smile and project an aura of warmth, kindness, and friendliness, you will attract warms, kindness, and friendliness. Happy people will be drawn to you.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.