October 18, 2018
Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.
One of the most important lessons we learn over a life time is that we spend too much time just getting by. Lives are never as good as they might be if we just stopped to take care of ourselves. If we are stuck in an environment that keeps us from being happy we need to make some changes.
There comes a time in life when many of us realize that being bogged down in a negative life style is a total waste of our too valuable time. Those who take action to change things to a positive reap the rewards that come from happiness.
The following slightly abridged article can help those of us who want to brighten their future.
5 Ways to Make Your Life More Positive
By Daffnee Cohen
As we grow, we naturally become more in tune with the things and people that facilitate a safe, comfortable and empowered environment. While every day is a continuous learning opportunity for how I live my own life in a more positive manner, there are a few things I’m certain facilitate a positive attitude and outlook.
- Don’t avoid or ignore negativity. In order to conquer and overcome, it must be acknowledged. This can include people in your life who may be bringing you down, a hostile workplace environment or even a personal stressor that you haven’t conquered quite yet. Think about the moments in your day that bring you anxiety or that you don’t look forward to. How can you turn that experience into something positive that fulfills you? Sometimes, these are small and easy to implement changes. Other times, they are more serious and drastic changes that need to take place. Either way, ignoring it will not move you in the direction of positivity.
- Take care of yourself and your needs. In order to feel compelled to live a powerful and meaningful life, you must love you. It’s crucial to take care of not only your physical health, but your mental health as well. It’s a continuous circle: take care of your thoughts and your emotional wellbeing, and it will be reflected in your day-to-day. Take care of your actions and how you live each day, and this will be reflected in your thoughts and emotional state of mind.
- 3. Mend what’s broken or get rid of it. Determining what is worth your time and effort and what is not can be challenging. This is especially true when it comes to people we have history with or love dearly. Only you are responsible for yourself and only you are in control of your happiness. If situations are toxic and beyond repair, it’s time to let go. Are there relationships or friendships that remain damaged but you know are worth the time? Fix them and find peace.
- Give back. This one is so important to me and personally close to my heart. Giving our time, energy, love, mentorship and sometimes money is what life is about. Everything we put out into the world comes back to us.
- Things that make us smile, laugh and feel good are just awesome. This one is pretty simple…Just do MORE of it. Do more of what makes you happy! Sounds like common sense doesn’t it? I truly believe that in the super-fast paced world we live in, happiness may not come as easily as we wish. In order to navigate through work and responsibilities that seem monotonous, we have to actively pursue and engage in beautiful acts of love and kindness. So get to it!
Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
“Do you know what would have happened if it had been Three Wise Women instead of three Wise Men? They would have asked directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stable, made a casserole, and brought practical gifts.”
If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s intolerance.
More things the movies taught me:
Kitchens don’t have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.
Make-up can safely be worn to bed without smudging.
Many musical instruments, especially wind instruments and accordions, can be played without moving the fingers.
Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.
Most people keep a scrapbook of newspaper cuttings, especially if any of their family or friends has died in a strange boating accident.
Most dogs are immortal.
Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.
Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning even though their husband and children never have time to eat it.
No matter how badly a spaceship is attacked, its internal gravity system is never damaged.
Two wrongs are only the beginning.
“10 Clues That You’ve Gone Overboard On Home Improvement”
- You’ve built a drive-thru car wash in the second slot of your 2-car garage.
- You’ll use any excuse to add a new room onto the house, including needing more space for the newest addition to the family — your daughter’s goldfish Buffy.
- Even Martha Stewart has deemed your multi-level, hydraulically-operated kitchen is “a bit overdone.”
- You’ve converted the standard stall shower into a “bathing waterfall,” complete with tropical plants.
- Your rear-projection, surround-sound TV room can comfortably seat 43, and you’re trying to make arrangements with Universal for first run films.
- Your dog has a duplex dog house out back, even though he sleeps in bed with you every night.
- The local building department says you can’t add a fourth floor to a house that was originally zoned as a single level dwelling.
- You bought and demolished your next door neighbors house to make room for an Olympic size swimming pool.
- You’ve installed a small freight elevator going to your attic.
- You’ve built an FAA-approved helipad on your roof.
“The college years are when your children and your luggage both leave home – but the laundry comes back to visit.”
Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
Simone de Beauvoir
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.