July 11, 2018
“Excellence is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends.”
I think the secret of the good life is to never stop growing, no matter your age. If we keep working on becoming what we can be we will not only do better we also will be better. And you will find that the self-tweaking will put a little spice into your day.
I have greatly abridged the following article from INC, but if you are like I am you will benefit from its advice.
Want To Live a Better Life? Use These 8 Life Lessons To Build Your Personal Philosophy
Don’t get lost chasing the wrong things. Building your life from the ground up is the only way to maintain the integrity of your foundation. Read the list below, which contains eight life lessons most people learn too late in life.
- Everything is connected. Yes, everything. – Mind, body, and spirit are all related. At the deepest and most fundamental level, we are all modifications of Consciousness. As such, we must view challenges from a holistic perspective. And we must understand that because everything arises from a Prior Unity, we have the responsibility to treat everyone and everything with love, kindness, and respect.
- Authenticity creates presence, confidence, and influence. – The most influential leaders are the ones that behave in ways aligned with their values. When you listen to your intuition, trust your instincts, and practice what you preach, it creates authenticity.
And that authenticity is palpable. When people feel your genuineness and sincerity, your presence creates a powerful energy that resonates with others.
- Trust is fundamental to your relationship with yourself and others. – Trust is an essential component of self-development. If you can’t trust yourself, then you can’t grow. And if you can’t trust others, then you’ll never discover your true potential.
- Love, not time, heals all wounds. – People who think that time heals all wounds have no idea what they’re talking about. Experience is what changes your perspective. Love is what opens you up to deeper and more meaningful experiences. And love is what allows you to forgive others and yourself.
- Balance creates harmony and deepens fulfillment. – While everyone’s balance may look different, the truth is that being out of balance creates toxicity. And that toxicity will be expressed on a mental, emotional, physical, or spiritual level. Working towards a balanced life in all aspects is often the more difficult road, but always the one that ends in the greatest fulfillment.
- Freedom requires responsibility for your actions. – In this paradoxical world, the more of an individual you become, the more responsible you are for your relationships with others. The mature adult, of which there are few, doesn’t hide from this responsibility, but instead this the fulfillment of life’s law.
- Seeking happiness prevents its attainment. – You are seeking that which you are actively divorcing yourself from. We often misplace our essence–love-bliss happiness–onto external objects and then seek those characteristics as if they are separate from ourselves. That’s a common and fundamental error.
- Quick fixes don’t provide lasting results. – The truth is that quick fixes don’t work–they mask a problem and create 10 more. Don’t get caught living a life of quick fixes, unhappiness, and consumerism. Move beyond those superficial tendencies and towards something deeper.
“It is not as much about who you used to, as it is about who you choose to be.”
He said: My kid brother, a strict vegetarian, travels abroad for long periods on business. When he got back from Europe one time, he called our parents’ home and told Dad he was about to pay them an unexpected visit. When Dad hung up the phone, he called to my mother. “The prodigal son is returning! Kill the fatted zucchini!”
You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.
Science Sillies from 5th & 6th Graders
It is so hot in some places that people there have to live in other places.
Mushrooms always grow in damp places which is why they look like umbrellas.
The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard, and vinegar.
The alimentary canal is located in the northern part of Indiana.
Thunder is a rich source of loudness.
One of the main causes of dust is DIRT.
To keep milk from turning sour, keep it in the cow.
You can listen to thunder and tell how close you came to getting hit. If you don’t hear it, you got hit, so never mind.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
The new family in the neighborhood overslept, and their six-year-old daughter missed her school bus. The father, though late for work, agreed to drive her if she’d direct him to the school.
They rode several blocks before she told him to turn the first time, several more before she indicated another turn. This went on for 20 minutes – but when they finally reached the school, it proved to be only a short distance from their home.
The father asked his daughter why she’d led him around in such a circle.
The child explained, “That’s the way the school bus goes, Daddy. It’s the only way I know.”
Hors D’oeuvres — A sandwich cut into 20 pieces.
The relatives of the family’s rich dowager gathered for the reading of her will after her long awaited death.
“Being of sound mind,” read the lawyer, “I spent every last cent before I died.”
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.