June 20, 2018
You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine.
Dieter F. Uchrdorf
Too many of us spend so much time trying to make others like us that we have little time to appreciate the most important person in our lives, ourselves. I hope you know you are special and you like yourself as much as you should.
One of the things I have liked to do over the years was to help folks see just how good they really are. We really should be one of our own best friends, someone who helps us see who we really are. If we don’t like ourselves why should anyone else like us?
7 Ways To Value Yourself Immediately
by Danica Worthy
- Appreciate your life exactly the way it is. Right now take a moment to look at your life from the current view with complete appreciation. While setting the intention to change what you would like and remove what no longer serves you.
- Realize that saying NO is a complete sentence. Saying NO when you need to without feeling the need to explain yourself is empowering. Practice the art of saying NO when the YES will put alter your wellbeing.
- Cultivate healthy relationships starting with yourself. Begin to treat yourself as if you are the most valuable person in the world and without you the world would be gloomy. Take the time to connect with the earth and take long walks by yourself. Offer a thanks for your life every chance you get. Whatever you need to do to make you feel great do it. The better you treat others will reflect in the relationships you choose to partner with.
- Set boundaries for yourself and your time. This action will keep your value system in place. Lines will not be crossed if you stand firm in the boundaries you set for yourself. You are creating a non negotiable contract with yourself that others will have to respect in order to connect with you.
- Comparison is the thief of joy. Remember that you are the only person on this planet with your total DNA and that is your cutting edge. Appreciate all of your quirks and idiosyncrasies as your golden ticket to rock out your own style.
- Trust yourself and all if your heart’s desires. There are no mistakes only opportunities for growth and expansion. Leverage all of your experiences and trust your intuitive guides. Let your heart lead you home.
- Don’t settle for mediocrity. Cancel all agreements to be anything other than great. You were born with greatness inside of you. Cultivate it look within and dig up that which may lie dormant. Now is your time.
- The more you value yourself you are setting the tone for others to do the same. Start now start today. The world needs your light.
What is the worst that can happen when you begin to live your best life?
Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as it should be.
Wayne W. Dyer
My wife seems to be losing her sense of humor for no apparent reason. Why just the other day, she got mad when she announced that she was going to the beauty parlor. I asked, “Are you going in for an estimate or are you going to get the work done?”
Indecision may, or may not, be my problem.
Two women were chatting about their weekend, but the one was kind of upset.
“So, what’s the matter? I thought you just got back from a nice relaxing fishing trip with your husband,” her friend said.
“Oh, everything went wrong: First he said I talked so loud I would scare the fish. Then he said I was using the wrong bait; and then that I was reeling in too soon. All that might have been all right; but then, to make matters worse, I ended up catching the most fish!”
People rarely disclose their character so clearly as when they describe someone else’s.
On a trip to the zoo, I made a casual stroll by the cage of a laughing hyena. A young man was leaning over the bar at the edge of the cage, whispering something in the animal’s direction.
As I stepped closer, I heard him say, “Did you hear the one about…”
It’s easy to understand modern art: If it hangs on the wall it’s a painting, if you can walk around it it’s a sculpture.
“Top 18 Reasons to Play Golf”
- You can play without risk of scandal.
- Beats mowing the lawn.
- Carrying clubs is considered socially acceptable.
- Master the essential language: slice, shank, divot, bogie, green fee, sand trap, deep rough, mulligan, hacker, water hazard, double bogie, difficult lie, flub, handicap, worm burner, triple bogie, and Duffer.
- Always a doctor nearby.
- Would you rather do business at the office?
- Handicap accessible.
- Two methods to achieve a great score a) play as you lie b) lie as you play
- Drop a few shots at the 19th hole.
- The worse your game, the better the exercise.
- “Holistic” stress reduction.
- Great excuse to take a walk.
- Work through lies without having to run for office.
- Rather sink a birdie than hook a fish.
- Putting is such sweet sorrow.
- Old golfers never die..they just putter out.
- Drinking and driving is encouraged… especially by your opponents.
- Having a ball is par for the course.
A man went to his lawyer and said, “I would like to make a will but I don’t know exactly how to go about it.”
The lawyer said, “No problem, leave it all to me.”
The man looked somewhat upset and said, “Well, I knew you were going to take the biggest slice, but I would like to leave a little to my children too!”
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.