April 9, 2018
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
As my wife and me approach our 65th year of marriage I have learned just how much I appreciate my wife. She is having some health and memory problems which provide me the opportunity to do more for her. Rather than being a burden I am glad that I can help make her days more pleasant.
When the following article it reminded me of how much I have enjoyed our tears together
36 Traits of Love
What can we do to love better?
- Love is learning to love yourself first so you can love them better.
- Love is being kind to them especially when they don’t deserve it.
- Love is believing in them more than they can.
- Love is making sacrifices without hesitation.
- Love is thinking of them before yourself.
- Love is growing with them.
- Love is overcoming self-preservation for their safety.
- Love is believing in yourself, sometimes for their sake.
- Love is forgiving first.
- Love is keeping promises in inconvenient times.
- Love is remembering they’re good for you.
- Love is providing comfort when grief enters their life.
- Love is building them up every single day.
- Love is being a mirror for them.
- Love is having the courage to call them out.
- Love is loving those they care for.
- Love is making and realizing dreams together.
- Love is being their rock.
- Love is living without the fear of being enough.
- Love is feeling less afraid with them.
- Love is expecting better from yourself and them.
- Love is being grateful for them.
- Love is making them feel beautiful.
- Love is bringing them a peace they have always deserved.
- Love is asking them difficult questions so that they can be truthful to themselves.
- Love is not giving up on them. Ever.
- Love is winning at life together.
- Love is dipping a life-long friendship in honey.
- Love is accepting their history and flaws.
- Love is making healthy choices because of them.
- Love is living with fewer regrets.
- Love is learning to lean on them.
- Love is listening so they can be heard.
- Love is saying sorry over and over again.
- Love is proving love is thicker than blood, sweat and tears.
- Love is burying them.
Author: Sartaj Anand
It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
A seafood restaurant had a sign in the window that read, “Big Lobster Tales, $5 each.”
Amazed at the great value, a man stopped in and asked the waitress, “Five dollars each for lobster tails. Is that correct”?
“Yes,” she said. “It’s our special just for today.”
“Well,” he said, “They must be little lobster tails.”
“No,” she replied, “It’s the really big lobster.”
“Big red lobster tails, $5 each”? he said, amazed. “They must be old lobster tails!”
“No, they’re definitely today’s.”
“Today’s big red lobster tails, $5 each”? he repeated, astounded.
“Yes,” she insisted.
“Well, here’s my five dollars,” he said. “I’ll take one.”
She took the money and led him to a table where she invited him to sit down. She then sat down next to him, put her hand on his shoulder, leaned over close to him and said, “Once upon a time, there was a really big, red lobster…”
Never moon a werewolf.
Management always needs to have the last word. Case in point: During a meeting at our financial consulting firm, a co-worker was asked to guesstimate a realistic closing rate for the larger cases we were handling.
“I’d have to say 20 percent,” he answered.
“No, no, no,” interrupted our boss. “It’s more like one in five!”
Notice on a conference-room door: “Self-Assertiveness Course. Please Barge In”.
A few friends and I were discussing diet tips. When it was mentioned that getting enough exercise and sleep were just as important as watching food intake. Someone responded with surprise that sleep was a factor. Another replied: “Of course sleep has a lot to do with dieting. The only time I’m not eating is when I’m sleeping!”
If you don’t pay your exorcist, do you get repossessed?
“Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they’ll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than Southwest Airlines.”
The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one’s appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://rays-daily,com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.