July 7, 2017
“Kind people are the best kind of people.”
As I looked forward to this coming weekend I daydreamed that our country was hit by an epidemic of kindness. I checked Wikipedia to see if there was more for me to learn about the kindness infection and here is how they described kindness:
Kindness is a behavior marked by ethical characteristics, a pleasant disposition, and a concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and is recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. Aristotle, in Book II of his “Rhetoric”, defines it as being “helpfulness towards someone in need, not in return for anything, nor for the advantage of the helper himself, but for that of the person helped”. Nietzsche argued that kindness and love are the “most curative herbs and agents in human intercourse“.
In my dream bullies no longer found pleasure in the discomfort of others, the discordant political voices were replaced by harmonious cooperation and the rampant anger that plagues so many was replaced by understanding.
Just think what it would be like if all of us found that our antagonism was replaced by appreciation. It would be a time when we went out of our way to express our gratitude to those who serve us, heal us and those who make our life better than it would be without them.
When I awoke I decided that the dream provided me so much pleasure that I would role play my part as if I lived in such a world. So, to each of you, thank you for helping to make my life as good as it is.
“Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.”
“Do you believe in life after death?” the boss asked one of his employees.
“Yes, sir,” the clerk replied.
“That’s good,” the boss said. “After you left early yesterday to go to your grandmother’s funeral, she stopped in to see you.”
“A new study shows that large doses of Vitamin E do not protect against heart attacks and cancer, and might actually raise the risk of heart failure. The study was published in this month’s Journal of Things that Scientists Told You to Do Last Month That Turned Out to Be Harmful This Month.”
If you have a neighbor who is hostile, annoying, and downright disagreeable and, if this neighbor has small children, you could always give their children sets of drums as gifts.
Drivers: If a car breaks down or stalls in front of you, beep your horn and wave your arms frantically. This should help the car start and send the stranded driver on his way.
The Ranks of a Hospital
- Leaps tall buildings in a single bound
- Is more productive than a train
- Is faster than a speeding bullet
- Walks on water
- Talks with God
- Leaps short buildings in a single bound
- Is more powerful than a switch engine
- Is faster than a speeding BB
- Walks on water if the sea is calm
- Talks with God if special request is approved
- Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable winds
- Is almost as powerful as a switch engine Can fire a speeding bullet
- Walks on water in an indoor swimming pool
- Is occasionally addressed by God
- Barely clears a picket fence
- Loses tug-of-war with a train
- Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self-injury
- Swims well
- Talks with animals
- Makes high skid marks on a wall when trying to leap buildings
- Is run over by a train
- Is not issued ammunition
- Dog paddles
- Talks to walls
- Runs into buildings
- Recognizes a train 2 out of 3 times
- Wets himself with a water pistol
- Cannot stay afloat without a life preserver
- Mumbles to himself
- Lifts buildings and walks under them
- Kicks trains off the track
- Catches speeding bullets with her teeth and eats them
- Freezes water with a single glance
- The Nurse IS God!!!!
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.