June 27, 2017
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
As I get older I hear more and more of the passing of old friends and acquaintances. I regret how I often I failed to let them know how much I appreciated their friendship when we were together. As I have aged I have learned how valuable the people in my life are to my wellbeing.
I know how lonely it must be for the folks who have something to say but have no one to say it to. Probably even more important are those who have love in their heart but have no one to share it with.
I believe that the closest thing to the fountain of youth is our pool of friends. It is a pool that needs to be regularly refreshed or it will empty. I am grateful to so many of you for allowing me to be your friend for I have found that there are few things in life more important.
I saved the following article some time ago to remind me of how important building friendships are to the quality of life.
Make New Friends
Need to know how to make new friends? Having trouble making new friends? Well these little bits of advice I got off a friendship card will certainly give you a few tips on making new friends. Keep these in mind as you go out and soon you will lots of new TRUE friends. Good Luck!
- Don’t worry about knowing people, just make yourself worth knowing.
- Be friendly with the folks you know. If it weren’t for them you would be a total stranger.
- Friends are those who speak to you after others don’t.
- The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail and not his tongue.
- The way to have friends is to be willing to lose some arguments.
- Deal with other’s faults as gently as if they were your own.
- A friend is a person who can step on your toes without messing your shine.
- You will never have a friend if you must have one without faults.
- You can make more friends by being interested in them than trying to have them be interested in you.
- A real friend is a person who, when you’ve made a fool of yourself, lets you forget it.
- A friend is a person who listens attentively while you say nothing.
- A friend is someone who thinks you’re a good egg even though you’re slightly cracked.
… and most important… A FRIEND IS A TREASURE!
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
SIGNS FOUND IN KITCHENS
- Kitchen closed – – this chick has had it!
- Martha Stewart doesn’t live here!!
- I’m creative; you can’t expect me to be neat too!
- So this isn’t Home Sweet Home… Adjust!
- Ring Bell for Maid Service…If no answer do it yourself!
- I clean house every other day…. Today is the other day!
- If you write in the dust, please don’t date it!
- I would cook dinner but I can’t find the can opener!
- My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it!
- A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life.
- COOK CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
- I came, I saw, I decided to order take out.
- If you don’t like my standards of cooking … lower your standards.
- You may touch the dust in this house … but please don’t write in it!
- Apology … Although you’ll find our house a mess, Come in, sit down, converse. It doesn’t always look like this: Some days it’s even worse.
- A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious.
- If we are what we eat, then I’m easy, fast, and cheap.
- A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
- Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
- Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
- A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
- Help keep the kitchen clean – eat out.
- Countless number of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.
- My next house will have no kitchen — just vending machines.
- Gardening forever . . . Housework, never!
- Dull women have immaculate houses.
Q: What’s the Indian word for “lousy hunter”?
A child asks his mother, “Do all fairy tales begin with, ‘Once upon a time?'”
His mother answers, “No, dear. Once in a while they begin with ‘I’ll be working late at the office tonight.'”
“Does Daddy tell you fairy tales like that?”
“He used to.”
“What made him stop?”
“One day he told me he’d be working late, and I said, ‘Can I depend on that?'”
Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
How to install a wireless security system:
Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men’s used work boots, a really big pair.
Put them outside your front door on top of a copy of Guns and Ammo magazine. Put a dog dish beside it, a really big dish. Leave a note on your front door that says something like “Bubba, Big Mike and I have gone to get more ammunition – back in 1/2 an hr. Don’t disturb the pit bulls. They’ve just been wormed and they are a little edgy.”
There are more men than women in mental hospitals – which just goes to show who’s driving who crazy.
If you’re a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you’re supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.
If you’re a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
If you’re a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
If you’re a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling and he EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
Yup…… I want to be a bear!
If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.