Ride the energy of your own unique spirit.
Good news! My wife was only in the hospital for two days due to another mild bout of Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB). Since she has had a number of hospital stays in the past year due to AFIB they have increased the strength of her arrhythmia medications so hopefully she will not only stay in sinus rhythm but will also feel better.
She got out in time to be able to join close friends for their annual family brunch as well join with me for our great grandson’s first birthday. Or great-grandson, Donovan dazzled the party goers with another of his happy performances. He is one happy child and we are fortunate that his mom and dad gave us all such a wonderful gift.
Every once in a while Angel Chernoff distributes some inspirational stuff. Here is one I got yesterday.
18 Quotes that Will Change the Way You Treat Yourself
- It’s not what you say to everybody else that determines your life – it’s what you whisper to yourself every day that has the greatest power.
- Don’t look for others to give you permission to be yourself. You don’t need anyone’s validation to be “good enough” or to have a great day.
- The best time to be extra kind to yourself is when you don’t feel like it. Because that’s when doing so can make the biggest difference.
- Be your own experiment. Be your own work of art. Be a work in progress. And be OK with it.
- Let people around you see the real, imperfect, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person YOU are. That is enough.
- You can’t base your ideas of success and happiness on other people’s opinions and expectations.
- Spend a lot more time with those who make you smile and a lot less time with those who you feel pressured to constantly impress. (And remember, you can be kind to people without choosing to be around them all the time.)
- Our greatest defense against stress is the ability to choose one thought over another. Remember this. If you look for reasons to be angry and upset, you’ll find plenty of them. Look instead for reasons to be positive, and see them everywhere.
- One of the most peaceful mindsets ever begins the moment you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
- There’s no use going back over yesterday and what you did or didn’t do, because you were a different person then. Unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you accept that it’s over, you can’t move forward.
- Most people make themselves unhappy simply by finding it impossible to accept life just as it is presenting itself right now. Don’t be one of them.
- You don’t know what the future will bring… So your best strategy for living is to make the best and most positive use of the present.
- When you discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy – something that truly matters to you – care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. And if you find that you don’t have enough time for what matters, stop doing things that don’t.
- The quality of your life in the long run directly depends upon how you set and respect your priorities today. And it’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority.
- Whenever the grass looks greener on the other side, stop staring, stop comparing, stop complaining, and start watering the grass you’re standing on.
16.Anyone can hide from problems and suffer. Facing up to things, and working through them gradually – that’s what makes you stronger and happier in the end.
- Don’t break your back. You can’t lift a thousand pounds all at once. Yet you can easily lift one pound a thousand times. Tiny, repeated efforts will get you there.
- Sometimes we need to distance ourselves to see things clearly. And sometimes the most important thing we do in a whole day is the short rest we take between two deep breaths.
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
After a two-week criminal trial in a very high profile bank robbery case, the judge turns to the jury foreman and asks, “Has the jury reached a verdict in this case?” “Yes, we have, your honor,” The foreman responded. “Would you please pass it to me,” The judge declared, as he motioned for the bailiff to retrieve the verdict slip from the foreman and deliver it to him. After the judge reads the verdict himself, he delivers the verdict slip back to his bailiff to be returned to the foreman and instructs the foreman, “Please read your verdict to the court.” “We find the defendant Not Guilty of all four counts of bank robbery.” stated the foreman. The family and friends of the defendant jump for joy at the verdict and hug each other as they shout expressions of divine gratitude. The man’s attorney turns to his client and asks, “So, what do you think about that?” The defendant, with a bewildered look on his face and then turns to his attorney and says, “I’m real confused here. Does this mean that I have to give all the money back?”
Some people say that I’m superficial, but that’s just on the surface.
The telephone solicitor selling basement waterproofing must have thought she’d died and gone to heaven when she reached my very polite and patient son on the phone. At the end of her long sales pitch, she asked, “Do you mind if we send out someone to give you an estimate?”
“Not at all,” my son said.
“When would be a good time?” she asked.
My son answered, “Just as soon as I dig a basement.”
In a recent survey, 60 percent of respondents said the cities where they live is noisier now than they were five years ago. The other 40 percent didn’t hear the question.
My job as a land surveyor took me to a golf course that was expanding from 9 holes to 18 holes.
Using a machete to clear thick brush in an area I was mapping, I came upon a golf club that an irate player must have tossed away. It was in good condition, so I picked it up and continued on.
When I broke out of the brush onto a putting green, two golfers stared at me in awe. I had a machete in one hand, a golf club in the other, and behind me was a clear-cut swath over 100 yards long.
“There,” said one of the golfers, “is a guy who hates to lose his ball!”
Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.
When I go to casinos, the most ridiculous thing I see is a sign that reads: “If you have a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER.”
So I call and say, “I have an ace and a six. The dealer has a seven. What do I do?”
A man once told me, “Cheer up, things could be worse.” So I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse.
As soon as she had finished convent school, a bright young girl named Lena shook the dust of Ireland off her shoes and made her way to New York where before long, she became a successful performer in show business. Eventually she returned to her home town for a visit and on a Saturday night went to confession in the church which she had always attended as a child. In the confessional, Father Sullivan recognized her, and began asking her about her work. She explained that she was an acrobatic dancer and he wanted to know what that meant. She said she would be happy to show him the kind of thing she did on stage. She stepped out of the confessional and within sight of Father Sullivan, she went into a series of cartwheels, leaping splits, handsprings, and back flips. Kneeling near the confessional, waiting their turn, were two middle-aged ladies. They witnessed Lena’s acrobatics with wide eyes and one said to the other, “Will you just look at the penance Father Sullivan is givin’ out this night, and me without me knickers on!”
Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves…. Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.