“I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.”
I have a question for you, is it easy for you to follow Lucy’s advice? It has never been easy for me. It seems what I thought I ought to do almost always came before what I wanted to do. I am not complaining since most of the time there did not seem to be too much difference. Where I think I still have some problems is that I feel guilty when I don’t want to do what others want me to do.
Since I am at a point in my life where I need to concentrate on wellness with a little rest and recreation thrown in I am now leaning toward Lucy’s advice.
Here is part of an article in the Lucille Ball mode that I think makes some sense, do you?
Looking Out For Number One
By Lori Snyder
We all heard the saying a million times before—“When you take care of yourself first, you will then be better able to take care of, and give your best to the people you care most about.” How many of us follow this prescription?
For me, I am now becoming more conscious of this wonderful truth. I was always so busy worrying about everyone else’s needs first, that I put my needs and thoughts to the sideline. After careful evaluation one day, I realized that this was doing no one any good, because after I looked after what everyone else wanted from me, I was too limited on time, energy, etc. to take care of my needs.
So what can you do to turn this scenario around, and start taking care of your needs first? To begin, look at the list below.
- Start each day filled with gratitude for all that you are, and all that you are capable of doing. Appreciate the beauty all around you.
- Count your blessings for the people who you love and who love you. Be gracious for everyone that enters your life. They all come, and some go for a reason. The lesson learned with each is a wonderful gift.
- Try to take time each day in a moment of silence for yourself to meditate, and think about what your needs of the day are, and what you would like to accomplish.
- Be mindful of your health, and take care to incorporate a wellness schedule into your week. Exercise, eat healthy, get enough rest, do things that make you feel good and empowered. Do not skimp on your needs.
- Look at your goals sheet quickly each week, and evaluate how you are doing with them. Do any need changing? Re-tweaking? If they do, get to it. If you do not have a goals sheet, get writing.
- Learn new things, research something you have always been interested in. Read a good book about the subject you want to learn more about. Discovery of something new helps you to grow and feel more alive. Do not limit yourself. So go ahead and learn something new and interesting, and talk about it with your loved ones, it will enlighten them as well.
- Take the time to give loved ones and friends, a squeezing hug. A good hug coming from a real place makes everyone feel special and great.
- Come from a positive mindset, and if negative thoughts creep in, shift it to the positive. This will help you to create a happier state of being, which in turn will help you to be more productive in what you would like to accomplish.
- Take time to play. This can be any hobby or activity that you truly enjoy. Go out and capture moments of joy!
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
* The man who takes up golf to get his mind off his work soon takes up work to get his mind off golf.
* Golf was once a rich man’s sport, but now it has millions of poor players!
* The secret of good golf is to hit the ball hard, straight and not too often.
* There are three ways to improve your golf game: take lessons, practice constantly — or start cheating.
* An amateur golfer is one who addresses the ball twice – once before swinging, and once again, after swinging.
* Many a golfer prefers a golf cart to a caddy because it cannot count, criticize or laugh.
* Golf is a game in which the slowest people in the world are those in front of you, and the fastest are those behind.
* Golf: A five mile walk punctuated with disappointments.
* There’s no game like golf: you go out with three friends, play eighteen holes, and return with three enemies.
My mechanic told me, “I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.”
A young lady came home from a date looking rather sad. She told her mother, “Arthur proposed to me an hour ago.”
“Then why are you so sad?” her mother asked.
“Because he also told me he was an atheist. Mom, he doesn’t even believe there’s a hell.”
Her mother replied, “Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we’ll show him how wrong he is.”
“It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins.”
I never knew what to get my father for Father’s Day, so I gave him one hundred dollars and said, “Buy yourself something that will make your life easier.”
So he bought a present for my mother.
Error: An unspecified error has occurred. Please correct the error to continue.
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. As they lay down for the night, Holmes said:” Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?”
Watson said, “I see millions and millions of stars.”
Holmes: “And what does that tell you?”
Watson: “Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorogically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?”
Holmes: “Somebody stole our tent”.
Your harshest critic is always going to be yourself. Don’t ignore that critic but don’t give it more attention than it deserves.
Michael Ian Black
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
Ray’s Daily has been sent for more than fifteen years to people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.