Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
Early tomorrow morning I will be having the vision in my left eye restored to semi-normal via eye surgery. While I don’t expect any recovery problems I am going to suspend the Daily publication until next Monday. So enjoy your days as I restore, recover, rest and recreate and I’ll be back in a few days.
I do look forward to being able to see better in a few days so I don’t miss the good things happening around me. Too often we ignore the little bright spots in our lives as we are distracted by the major events of the day and that is a shame for happiness really can be found along our daily path and not on the elusive kingdom at the end os the yellow brick road.
Here is what Charles Shultz inspired that can help us think about our lives details.
The Charles Schulz Philosophy
The following inspirational quiz is often called the Charles Schulz Philosophy or sometimes Charlie Brown’s Philosophy. It’s not actually written by him, although the quote at the bottom is from a peanuts cartoon. Enjoy the following quiz.
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier? The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.
THINGS DOGS MUST REMEMBER
* I will not play tug-of-war with Dad’s underwear when he’s on the toilet.
* The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
* I must shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.
* I will not wake Mom up by sticking my cold, wet nose in her face.
* I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my people will think I am hemorrhaging.
* When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it’s raining outside.
* We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
* I will not steal my Mom’s underwear and dance all over the backyard with it.
* The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are Mom & Dad’s laps.
* My head does not belong in the refrigerator, dishwasher or trashcan.
* I will not take off while on leash to chase squirrels while Mom is standing on a slippery grass slope.
May you live all the days of your life.
Since taking your body-building course, I now have a 44 inch chest, a 32 inch waist, 17 inch biceps and an 18 inch neck. I feel absolutely marvelous but at the same time, I do feel that my chances of marriage are spoiled.
“My doctor said I was paranoid… well, he didn’t actually say it, but I could tell he was thinking it.”
After a long illness, An Irishman named Murphy went to his doctor. The doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked Murphy in the eye and said.. “I’ve some bad news for you. You have cancer and it can’t be cured. I’d give you two weeks to a month.”
Murphy was shocked and saddened by the news, but being of solid character he managed to compose himself and walk from the doctor’s office into the waiting room where his son had been waiting for him.
Murphy said, “Son, we Irish celebrate when things are good and we celebrate when things don’t go so well. In this case, things aren’t so well. I’ve got cancer and have been given a short time to live, so let’s head for the pub and have a few pints.” After three or four pints the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of Murphy’s old friends who asked what the two were celebrating.
Murphy said, “The Irish celebrate the good and the bad, so we’re drinking to my impending end. I’ve only a few weeks to live as I have been diagnosed with AIDS.”
Murphy’s friends gave him their condolences and they had a couple more beers. After the friends left, Murphy’s son leaned over and whispered his confusion…..”Dad, I thought you said that you were dying from cancer. You just told your friends you were dying from AIDS?”
Murphy said, “I am dying from cancer son, I just don’t want any of them sleeping with your mother after I’m gone.”
“Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.”
A doctor and a lawyer were talking at a party. Their conversation was constantly interrupted by people describing their ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice. After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asked the lawyer, “What do you do to stop people from asking you for legal advice when you’re out of the office?”
“I give it to them,” replied the lawyer, “and then I send them a bill.”
The doctor was shocked, but agreed to give it a try. The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepared the bills.
When he went to place them in his mailbox, he found a bill from the lawyer.
Some people walk in the rain. Others just get wet.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.