It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.
Over the recent past I have found it difficult to drive at night with the headlight glare. And on sunny days I can barely see the speedometer. Since I really need to drive at times other than twilight and dawn I will be having corrective eye surgery next week. That coupled with some other things will take me out of circulation for as much as a month. I plan on continuing the Daily with possible short breaks and fully expect to come roaring back by Labor Day.
I look at these procedures as positive events since they will allow me to continue to enjoy my life. I have found that life is great if you live it right. Here is a list I picked up a few years ago that tells how we all can make life as good as it can be.
Principles of Life
- Winning isn’t everything but wanting to win is.
- You would achieve more, if you don’t mind who gets the credit.
- When everything else is lost, the future still remains.
- Don’t fight too much or the enemy will know your art of war.
- The only job you start at the top is when you dig a grave.
- If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for everything.
- If you do little things well, you’ll do big ones better.
- Only thing that comes to you without effort is old age.
- You won’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Only those who do nothing do not make mistakes.
- Never take a problem to your boss unless you have a solution.
- If you are not failing, you’re not taking enough risks.
- Don’t try to get rid of your bad temper by losing it.
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Those who don’t make mistakes usually don’t make anything.
- There are two kinds of failures: Those who think and never do, and those who do and never think.
- Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.
- All progress has resulted from unpopular decisions.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
- Understanding proves intelligence, not the speed of the learning.
- There are two kinds of fools in this world.: Those who give advice and those who don’t take it.
- The best way to kill an idea is to take it to a meeting.
- Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things.
- Friendship founded on business is always better than business founded on friendship.
Compiled by Tony Peeris
You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things.
Scott was showing some friends his apartment. Glenn asked “What’s that big brass basin for?”
“That’s the talking clock!” Scott answered.
So Glenn gave it an ear shattering pound with a hammer. Suddenly, a voice on the other side of the wall screamed, “Knock it off, it’s 2 a.m., you idiot!”
Make up a language and ask people for directions.
Soon after their last child left home for college, Linda’s husband was resting next to her on the couch with his head in her lap. She carefully removed his glasses. “You know, honey,” she said sweetly, “Without your glasses, you look like the same handsome young man I married.”
“Honey,” he replied with a grin, “Without my glasses, you still look pretty good too!”
Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, they don’t recognize you.
My wife asked me to buy ORGANIC vegetables from the market. I went and looked around and couldn’t find any. So I grabbed an old, tired looking employee and said, “These vegetables are for my wife. Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?”
“The produce guy looked at me and said, “No. You’ll have to do that yourself.”
“The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.”
Couples who have lived together a long time have their own way of communicating. A woman overheard her aunt and uncle one day: “What are you looking for in that closet?” she asked. “Nothing,” he answered. “Well, it’s not in there. Look under the bed.”
“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.”
An old wild west fort is about to be attacked. The wily old General sends for his trusty Indian Scout. “Yumti-Bi,” he said, “you must use all your thirty years of skill in trying to estimate the sort of army we are up against here.”
Yumti-Bi laid down and put his ear to the ground… “Heap large — war party,” he says, “maybe three hundred braves, four chiefs, two on black stallions, two on white stallions. All have war paint…many many guns. Medicine man also with them.”
“Good grief!” exclaims the General, “you can tell all of that just by listening to the ground???”
“No, General,” replied the Indian, “I can see under the gate.”
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.