The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.
Harriet Ann Jacobs
Here we go again another week, a short one this time since yesterday was a national holiday here in the USA. My city hosted the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500 mile auto race on Sunday that was attended by hundreds of thousands of fans. Most of the folks have packed up and left the city by now after having enjoyed good weather while here. Now a huge crew has worked to clean up the tons of trash left behind by the race fans.
I attended an open house celebrating the graduation of my youngest grandson from high school on Friday night and then laid around most of the rest of the long weekend. This morning I am off to the gym and then to my Dentist where I will learn what the major work that needs to be done will entail.
While I am still on the upward trek to more energy and activity I do plan on taking some advantage of spring fever over the days ahead, it is just too nice outside these days to just run from here to there without stopping to enjoy the scenery and people in their spring outfits.
If it is spring in your part of the world you might enjoy doing the following that were offered on the Positively Present Blog:
- Take a long walk. It’s just enough this time of year to get out of the house and enjoy the breeze and the sunshine.
- Set up a picnic. What’s better than eating outdoors with the sun beating down and warming you? I can’t think of much else that would fill me with joy the way that would. Grab a basket and a blanket and hit the park to take it all in.
- Open your windows. It was wonderful to hear the birds chirping so cheerfully, calling out to one another.
- Snap photos of the season. You can always capture a great moment — and a great season — by bringing your camera out. Taking photos not only helps you to remember the sun-streaked memories of spring, but it also helps you to be more present. When you’re taking pictures, you’re looking at everything with a new perspective, which will help you stay focused on enjoying the spring moments.
- Sit outside at a restaurant. Around here, restaurants are beginning to set up their outdoor gear. If that’s happening near you, take advantage of that! It’s not all year that you can sit outside (at least not where I live) so it’s really great when it’s once again an option to dine al fresco.
- Buy (or bring out) a fun, new outfit. Now I know purchasing things isn’t supposed to make us happy, but it does feel great to wear something very spring-like that you never could have worn in the winter. Once the weather gets warm, it’s so fun to bring out an outfit you had packed away for the winter or, if you can, buy something new that will inspire you all season long.
- Go for a drive. Sometimes one of the best ways to take in the world is from the space behind the steering wheel. There is something about the rush of the road and the swirling of wind in your hair that really allows you to be into the moment. When spring has arrived, there is something amazing about a nice, long drive. Take one and see how you feel…
- Celebrate with friends. If you’re going to enjoy the season, you might as well celebrate it! Invite some friends over to get into the season with you. There’s nothing quite like being surrounded with your friends to bring out the best in any season. Celebrate the spring!
Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day.
- Earl Hall
When women retire as homemakers they tend to get a little testy. Here is what husbands have to look forward to.
Martha Stewart doesn’t live here!!
I’m creative; you can’t expect me to be neat too!
So this isn’t Home Sweet Home… Adjust!
Ring Bell for Maid Service…If no answer do it yourself!
I clean house every other day…. Today is the other day!
Our house was clean last week, too bad you missed it!
If you don’t like my standards of cooking … lower your standards.
A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious.
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
Help keep the kitchen clean – eat out.
As long as we have memories, yesterday remains; as long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits.
As long as we have Friendship, each day is never a waste.
A bricklayer at my husband’s construction job routinely complained about the contents of his lunch box. “I’m sick and tired of getting the same old thing!” he shouted one day. “Tonight, I’ll set my wife straight.”
The next day, the men could hardly wait until lunchtime to hear what happened. “You bet I told her off,” the bricklayer boasted. “I said, ‘No more of the same old stuff. Be creative!’ We had one heck of a fight, but I got my point across.”
He had indeed. In front of an admiring audience, he opened his lunch box to find that his wife had packed a coconut and a hammer.
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
A husband said to his wife, “You know, dear, it may be time for you to consider getting a hearing aid.”
“How much do they cost?”
“They’re usually about $3,000.”
“Okay, I’ll get one. As soon as you say something that’s worth $3,000.”
What’s the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.
A prospective juror in a Dallas District Court was surprised by the definition of voluntary manslaughter given the panel: “an intentional killing that occurs while the defendant is under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause, such as when a spouse’s mate is found in a ‘compromising position.'”
“See, I have a problem with that passion business,” responded the jury candidate. “During my first marriage, I came in and found my husband in bed with my neighbor. All I did was divorce him. I had no idea that I could have shot him.”
She wasn’t selected for the jury.
“The world’s favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May.”
Edwin Way Teale
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.