Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.
I know most of you know that my favorite hobby is collecting friends. You also know that some friends are with you for years while others are with you only a short time but often leave great memories behind. The last few days have reminded me of how important they people I have met are to the quality of my life.
Last week I bussed with some fellow members of my generation to Wabash Indiana and discovered that the good life is alive and well in this very nice city. Its history is amazing, its people very nice and what it has to offer is truly special. We stayed at the Charlie Creek Inn one of the finest boutique hotels I have ever visited and I have stayed at many. This 30 room hotel has large and beautifully furnished rooms and amenities that pleased. We also visited Wabash’s huge performing arts center where we saw the Tony award winning show the Millionaire Quartet performed by the touring national company. What made this trip especially pleasant was that I got to share the experience with my wife and friends
Yes there is a lot out there for us to see and do, but it gets even better when you get to share the experience with a friend. I have learned that we should always be ready to make a new friend. Here are tips from Inspire 21 on how you can do that
Make New Friends
- Don’t worry about knowing people, just make yourself worth knowing.
- Be friendly with the folks you know. If it weren’t for them you would be a total stranger.
- Friends are those who speak to you after others don’t.
- The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail and not his tongue.
- The way to have friends is to be willing to lose some arguments.
- Deal with other’s faults as gently as if they were your own.
- A friend is a person who can step on your toes without messing your shine.
- You will never have a friend if you must have one without faults.
- You can make more friends by being interested in them than trying to have them be interested in you.
- A real friend is a person who, when you’ve made a fool of yourself, lets you forget it.
- A friend is a person who listens attentively while you say nothing.
- A friend is someone who thinks you’re a good egg even though you’re slightly cracked.
… and most important… A FRIEND IS A TREASURE!
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
Several weeks after a young man had been hired, he was called into the personnel director’s office. “What is the meaning of this?” the director asked. “When you applied for this job, you told us you had five years experience. Now we discovered this is the first job you’ve ever held.”
“Well,” the young man replied, “in your advertisement you said you wanted somebody with imagination.”
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
“Now, how many of you would like to go to heaven?” asked the Sunday school teacher. All the eager three-year-olds raised their hands except Tommy.
“I’m sorry, I can’t. My mother told me to come right home after Sunday school.”
Do not argue with a spouse who is packing your parachute.
A manager has to take on some sport by his doctor so he decides to play tennis. After a couple of weeks his secretary asks him how he’s doing.
“It’s going fine”, the manager says, “When I’m on the court and I see the ball speeding towards me my brain immediately says: To the corner! Back hand! To the net! Smash! Go back!”
“Really? What happens then?” the girl asks enthusiastic.
“Then my body says: Who? Me? Don’t talk nonsense!”
In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
HELLO, I’M A SENIOR CITIZEN
There’s some things you need to know. Soon as I remember I’ll tell you what they are.
- I’m the Life of the Party …….even when it lasts ’till 7pm. However, I’m Usually interested in goin’ home long before I get to where I’m goin’.
- I’m Smilin’ all the time, cause I can’t hear a word you’re sayin’.
- I’m also good at tellin’ Stories…… over and over and over again!
- I’m for Sure aware that other people’s Grandchildren aren’t as bright as mine.
- Ever noticed that they’re making Adults much Younger these days?
- I’m walking more …..(to the bathroom) and enjoying it less.
- I’m the first one to find that bathroom wherever I go.
- I’m sure everything I can’t find, is in a secure place.
- I’m a walking storeroom of facts ….. I’ve just misplaced the storeroom.
- I’m in the *Initial* state of my Golden Years: SS, Cd’s, IRA’s, AARP
- I’m supporting all movements now….by eating bran, prunes, raisins & chuggin’ Geritol.
- I’m so cared for: long-term care, eye care, private care, dental care, and Medicare!
- I’m not Grouchy, I just don’t like traffic, waiting, politicians…..
- I’m a Senior Citizen and I’m told I’m having the time of my Life!
Age doesn’t always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.
The kids said:
Home is where the house is. –Age 6
Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot, and a great big bag of money. –Age 13
The only stupid question is the one that is never asked, except maybe “Don’t you think it is about time you audited my return?” or “Isn’t it morally wrong to give me a warning when, in fact, I was speeding?” –Age 15
If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started. –Age 15
Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are more than 2000 readers from around the world.