“Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
Marvin J. Ashton
I have come to believe that one of the greatest attributes we can have is a nurturing attitude. So many seem to be interested in tearing down folks that it is always a joy to find those who:
- nourish; feed.
- educate; train.
- help grow or develop; cultivate.
OASIS the senior organization that I am involved with as an example does what is called high impact tutoring in some of our inner city schools and I think the volunteers that work one on one with kids are in truth more nurturers than just being tutors, they demonstrate to the young that there are people that really do care about them. Others I know go out of their way to do what they can for those close to them, those in need of a friend and they nurture themselves in the process. In fact there is nothing better for the spirit than the process of nourishing, educating and developing one’s own self.
Wellness coach Terri R. Marshall offers 25 Great Ways To Self-Nurture, following her suggestions will go a long way towards reinforcing the special person I know you are.
1. Be Grateful (Keep a Gratitude Journal . . . write down 5 things you are grateful for each day)
2. Practice Relaxation Techniques/Relaxation Therapy
3. Surround Yourself with Positive People (Choose people who help you grow and thrive, Re-connect with loved ones with whom you’ve lost touch)
4. Practice Kindness and Compassion (Remember to help and pray for others)
5. Give Praise and Let Go of Criticism
6. Visualize (Choose where you want to be vs. where you are for your visualizations)
7. Do Not Complain (Learn to let it go)
8. Listen to Music You Enjoy (and if you can, dance)
9. Exercise (Choose something you really enjoy, why not try a type of mind/body/spirit exercise like yoga, tai chi or qi gong?)
10. Volunteer and Donate (Promote a cycle of goodwill; pay it forward)
11. Learn Proper Self-Care (Get enough sleep, detoxify, eat a healthy, balanced diet and drink plenty of water . . . learn to listen to your body)
12. Create a Comfort Drawer for Yourself (fill it with goodies you love including favorite teas, bubble bath, magazines, the sky’s the limit!)
13. Seek New Experiences and Knowledge (why not try a holistic therapy such as acupuncture or that store you’ve always wanted to go in, but never took the time)
14. Follow Your Bliss (Use your creativity, gifts and talents . . .begin a hobby or career you are passionate about)
15. Have Great Sex (Especially Tantric/Sacred Sex or a romantic evening with that special someone)
16. Read a Good Book or Watch a Great Movie (Why not try reading some poetry?)
17. Laugh (Laughter truly is the best medicine)
18. Seek Solitude (Meditate, go within and get creative, try a fun excursion by yourself)
19. Use Positive Affirmations (Make a conscious choice to be happy)
20. Take A Long, Hot Bath (Add soft music and candlelight for ambience or some relaxing aromatherapy Lavender . . . simply add a couple of drops of Lavender essential oil)
21. Spend Time with Your Pet(s)
22. Have a Cup of Your Favorite Coffee or Tea (Chamomile Tea is especially relaxing; avoid caffeine before bed)
23. Get Out in Nature (Try a walking meditation in the warm sunshine, spending time near the water, cloudwatching or enjoying a beautiful sunset)
24. Get a Massage (Touch can be very healing)
25. Remember the Purpose of Life is Joy!
Some days I just need to take a step back and take some time for me, Be me, Love me, Pamper me, nurture me, and Recharge my Soul.
She said: After shopping at a busy store, another woman and I happened to leave at the same time, only to be faced with the daunting task of finding our cars in the crowded parking lot. Just then my car horn beeped, and I was able to locate my vehicle easily.
Wow,” the woman said. “I sure could use a gadget like that to help me find my car.”
“Actually,” I replied, “that’s my husband.”
If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Your in trouble if:
Your accountants letter of resignation is postmarked Zurich.
You have to hitch hike to the bank to make your car payment.
The little league puts you on waivers.
Your suggestion box starts ticking.
Your secretary tells you the FBI is on line 1, the DA is on line 2, and CBS is on line 3.
You see your stockbroker hitchhiking out of town.
You see the captain running toward the railing wearing a life jacket.
They pay your wages out of petty cash.
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza …
Margaret was royally peeved! She was arguing with the druggist because her favorite cure-all could not be bought without a prescription. “Look, lady. You can’t have this without a prescription because it’s a habit-forming drug.”
“IT IS NOT!!!!” Screamed Margaret! “I ought to know: I’ve been taking it regularly for seventeen years!”
Make God laugh, “Tell him your plans”
“Johnny,” said his teacher, “if coal is selling at $6 a ton and you pay your dealer $24, how many tons will he bring you?”
“A little over three tons, ma’am,” said Johnny promptly.
“Why, Johnny, that isn’t right,” said the teacher.
“No, ma’am, I know it ain’t,” said Johnny, “but they all do it.”
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”
“Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.