“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
If you have been reading the Daily over the last year or so then you know that I often forward some of the wisdom offered by Angel and Marc Hack. The reason I find them so valuable is their emphasis on our ability to live positive lives. Recently Angel Hack compiled a list of tips on how we can help make our day’s count. Here is what she wrote:
30 Ways You Should Always BE
Why would you ever want to compromise something that’s beautiful and true to create something unpleasant and fake? You’re lucky enough to BE; make your being count. Lose track of the negativity and dishonesty. Live positively and authentically.
- 1. When you wake up to a new day, BE grateful for another chance.
- 2. When others take the easy road, BE the one who takes the right road.
- 3. When something must be done, BE proactive.
- 4. When several possibilities present themselves, BE decisive with your priorities.
- 5. When achieving something is important to you, BE open about it and go for it.
- 6. When the work seems overwhelming, BE concerned only with the next small step.
- 7. When worries cross your mind, BE sure to focus on what you can control.
- 8. When real problems arise, BE ready to address them upfront.
- 9. When mistakes are made, BE okay with them and learn from them.
- 10. When you have something to say, BE willing to speak up.
- 11. When what has been done in the past still isn’t working, BE the needed change.
- 12. When doubt is lingering in your mind, BE confident in your abilities.
- 13. When others have a different opinion, BE open to new ideas.
- 14. When others insist that it has to be a certain way, BE one with your intuition.
- 15. When you’re feeling down, BE bold enough to smile anyway.
- 16. When you feel stress building, pause for a moment and just BE and breathe.
- 17. When the unexpected occurs, BE flexible and adaptable.
- 18. When something doesn’t make sense, BE assertive and ask questions.
- 19. When someone hurts you, BE willing to forgive and love again.
- 20. When a relationship continuously hurts you, BE willing to let go and refocus your love and respect inward.
- 21. When someone has something you want, BE happy for them.
- 22. When everyone seems to be competing, BE your own competition – beat your own records.
- 23. When you feel pressured to be someone you’re not, just BE yourself.
- 24. When you aren’t sure what you have to offer, BE sincere and offer honesty.
- 25. When you cross paths with a stranger, BE the reason they smile.
- 26. When you feel on top of the world, BE the hands that pull others up with you.
- 27. When someone you care about needs you, BE there without question or hesitation.
- 28. When you truly love someone, BE loving in words and deeds.
- 29. When it’s time to relax with your family, let go of everything else and BE fully present.
- 30. When the day finally comes to an end, BE at peace knowing you did your best.
How do you intend to BE today?
“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.”
A sailor, while bringing flowers to a cemetery, noticed an old Chinese man placing a bowl of rice on a nearby grave. The sailor walked up to the man and asked, “When do you expect your friend to come up and eat the rice?”
The old Chinese man replied with a smile, “Same time your friend comes up to smell the flowers.”
“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, “Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?”
As the shopkeeper’s heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he’s on her level and asks, “Do you want a widdle white wabbit, or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?”
She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward, and says in a tiny quiet voice, “I don’t think my python weally gives a thit”.
“Man has never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.”
A generally good-humored boss was finally compelled to call an employee into his office about the sick leave policy. “It has not escaped my attention,” he pointed out, “that every time there’s a home game at the stadium, you have to take your aunt to the doctor.”
“You know you’re right, sir,” exclaimed the bashfully grinning employee. “I didn’t realize it. You don’t suppose she’s faking it, do you?”
Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn?
It was a typical Fall Saturday and the wife happened upon her husband sprawled on the couch, beer in hand, staring at a college football game on the TV. After taking in the scene a few moments, she said, “Ya know George, somehow I find it difficult to believe that you’re the end product of millions of years of evolution.
Q: How many computer programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None, that’s a hardware problem.
Two blondes were sipping their Starbucks when a truck went past loaded up with rolls of sod. “I’m going to do that when I win the lottery,” … announced Blonde #1.
“Do what?” asked Blonde #2.
“Send my lawn out to be mowed.
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.