I truly appreciate you. You really made this day special.
It is hard for me to realize that Ray’s Daily is now in its twelfth year of publication. People sometimes ask why I do it and my standard response is that doing it requires me to think about my life, our world and all the good things around us. While that is truly how I feel I also am rewarded by the new friends and contacts that I have made over the years through the Daily. Often I am contacted by folks who I don’t know asking to be put on the distribution list and many later let me know more about themselves, some even regularly commenting on the content. I am amazed with the apparent readership now that the Daily is in broader distribution via WordPress, Facebook and via other blogs. Today I heard from readers in Pakistan, the UK, and South Africa who said they liked yesterday’s piece on Thanksgiving. Recently WordPress reported that people from more than 60 countries had visited Ray’s Daily, I was amazed.
In a way the Daily link to others has turned out to be a godsend since it allows us to share thoughts, dreams, and life experiences that allow us to learn from each other. Life can be good but far too often we fail to realize just how good it can be.
Here is a piece written by Ralph Marston some time ago that is something I think we all should think about at the beginning of each new day.
Touch the purpose
In this moment, life is unfolding in a new and beautiful way. Can you see it?
In this moment, there is a special goodness. Can you feel it?
On this day, your dream is speaking to you. Can you hear it?
Right now, you have something more precious than anything you can imagine. Right now, you have life and you have the opportunity to live it in your own special way.
Let go of the needs you’ve surrounded yourself with. And let life’s richness fill your awareness.
Taste the beauty, feel the possibilities and touch the purpose that lives within. Find new ways to experience sweet fulfillment simply by being you.
“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
Some tips to live by:
- No matter how talented you think you are at imitating Charlie Chan, do not demonstrate your prowess at this while ordering food from a Chinese restaurant.
- Never use the second digit on either hand to indicate to someone that your favorite sports team is No. 1.
- If someone ever asks you your favorite author, remember that People magazine staff writers don’t actually count.
- Don’t ask for an obscure unpronounceable vegetarian dish at any eating establishment which also dispenses gas, diesel and propane fuel.
Compromise is the art of dividing the cake in such a way that each one thinks he is getting the biggest piece.
Two lawyers went into a diner and sat down at the counter. They ordered two sodas, took sandwiches out of their briefcases and started to eat them.
The owner saw what was going on and approached the men. “You can’t eat your own sandwiches in here,” he complained.
The two lawyers stopped, looked at each other, and then swapped their sandwiches.
A rock <– me –> A hard place
More of my plans for when I become overlord, notwithstanding what we have learned from the movies.
- I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.
- I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero’s rugged countenance and she’d betray her own father.
- Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it’s too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.
- I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi storm troopers, Roman foots oldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set.
- No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.
We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
Three weeks after her wedding day, Joanna called her minister. “Reverend,” she wailed, “John and I had a DREADFUL fight!”
“Calm down, my child,” said the minister, “it’s not half as bad as you think. Every marriage has to have its first fight!”
“I know, I know!” said Joanna. “But what am I going to do with the BODY?”
Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven’t fallen asleep yet.
Once upon a time there was a woman married to an annoying man named Steve. He would complain about everything. That day he went to their creek with his mule. He complained so much that the mule got annoyed and kicked him to death. At the funeral, when all the men walked by the wife she shook her head yes and every time the women walked by she shook her head no. The minister asked ”Why are you shaking your head yes for men and no for women?” Her response was, ”The men would say how sorry they felt for me and I was saying, ‘Yes, I’ll be alright.’ When the women walked by, they were asking if the mule is for sale . . . ”
“How would your life be different if…you began each day by thanking someone who has helped you? Let today be the day…You make it a point to show your gratitude to others. Send a letter or card, make a call, send a text or email, tell them in person…do whatever you have to do to let them know you appreciate them.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.