A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.
I am still mending, my recovery has been slower than I expected but for what they did it is going pretty well. In fact tomorrow I get to start eating real food again, yippee. This morning I am getting out and going to my exercise place to do a relatively easy cardio routine as the first step in regaining whatever I had before my couple week hiatus. I really am surprised and pleased that my exercise program has worked so well for me. Once I get back in the grove I should be able keep it up until October when my Docs are going to repeat last week’s procedure to make sure they got everything out. Hopefully they will not need to do any big time cutting so my recovery will be quicker.
Fortunately my favorite home remedy has made this recovery tolerable. It is really hard to stay down if you make sure you take many doses of humor. So even though I did not produce a new Daily every day I did do some hilarity research and it worked.
Catherine Pulsifer wrote the following article some time ago and I think it should be part of everyone’s wellness program.
Laughter is the Best Medicine
Laughter brightens your day. One of the best things to do if you are in a bad mood, or if you are feeling down, is to laugh. It makes you feel better.
As children, we laughed much more than we do as adults. Unfortunately, we grow up with sayings like:
“life isn’t all fun and games”,
“life isn’t a bowl of cherries”, or
Sayings like these seem to erode the childlike attitude we once had towards laughter. As we grow older, we somehow don’t see it as appropriate to laugh as much. Laughter, though, is one of the best medicines we can give ourselves. Studies have shown that laughter actually improves your health. Just like exercising everyday, laughing every day will also improve your health.
– Find ways to take yourself less seriously, like the old saying goes, “don’t sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff.
– Looking for the positive in situations, remember Elbert Hubbard’s saying, “Positive anything is better than negative nothing”.
– Allow yourself to express your sense of humor. As William James once said, “Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”
Count how many times you have laughed today. Find ways to laugh more often – watch a comedy on TV, rent a funny movie, read a joke book, watch children playing, the list can go on and on. Find humor in everyday life situations!
Some people feel that laughter during their work hours is not something that they should engage in but laughter is appropriate no matter where you work. Actually, work is a lot less stressful if they are many times during the day that you can have a really good outrageous laugh and all employees should be encouraged to have a few good laughs. You may have heard that there is such a thing as laughter yoga where you actually force yourself to laugh and this is really effective when you can get a few more people to join in. It seems that when one person starts to really laugh hard, others cannot avoid starting to laugh themselves and so the more you have engaged, the better this makes everyone participate.
If you really know the great benefits of laughter for your health, you will make sure that laughter is also encouraged at home. And, if you are alone, put on a super funny comedy movie or TV show and laugh out loud as much as possible. This kind of laughter has helped many people through illness and had helped them improve their health.
“The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.”
Heard on the answering machine
- Hellooo….Hellloooo, well if you won’t talk to me maybe you’ll talk to this machine, it’s at home and I’m not, leave a message and it’ll give it to me when I return.
- Alpha Centauri Space Station. Commander Marlin can’t come to the phone right now. He’s either saving the universe from some dread, unnamed peril, or perhaps taking a nappie. Leave your name and number after the beep and he will return your call.
- (With loud music playing in the background) “Hello… HELLO?? I can’t hear you! What? Oh.. we’re not home, leave a message.
- Please leave a message. However, you have the right to remain silent. Everything you say will be recorded and will be used by us.
- We’re sorry. You have reached an imaginary number. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again.
- Hello, this is Susan. I don’t live here, so if you were trying to call me, you’ve dialed the wrong number. On the other hand, if you were trying to call Ray, please leave your name and number at the tone. I don’t guarantee that he will call you back — only that I won’t.
Middle age is when you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.
A young man volunteered to baby-sit one night so his mom could have an evening out. At bedtime he sent the youngsters upstairs to bed and settled down to watch football. One child kept creeping down the stairs but the young man kept sending him back.
At 9pm, the doorbell rang, it was the next-door neighbor Mrs. Brown, asking whether her son was there. The young man brusquely replied, “No”. Just then a little head appeared over the banister and a voice shouted, “I’m here Mom but he won’t let me go home.”
She was a handsome woman of forty-five and would remain so for many years.
A Congressman was once asked about his attitude toward whiskey.
“If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I’m against it.
But, if you mean the elixir of Christmas cheer, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I’m for it.
This is my position, and I will not compromise.”
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at https://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.