The best things in life aren’t things.
I think my two weeks spring break is going be rejuvenating. Lately I am having a hard time listening to people who only want to tell me what is wrong and never anything about what is right. That coupled with their blaming everyone else for the problems they have while never taking any responsibility for their previous excesses turns them into bitter people that I would be better off avoiding.
Unfortunately I find myself sometimes slipping into cynicism as I hear some brag about loving our nation but only as long as they don’t have to pay much of a price. Enough of that, I just had to get it off my chest for I don’t like myself much when I let others negativism start to generate a dark view of many of my fellow citizens. So Like I said we are shutting down Ray’s Daily Friday and we are all going to use the time productively regenerating our optimism and our belief in the goodness of others. We may even organize into an association dedicated to stamping out negative behavior. Unfortunately the tough part will be that the naysayers are so busy pointing fingers at others they have little time to find out what’s right.
I wish some of those who really have no reason to complain because they have so much more than people in real trouble would sacrifice a little once in awhile, they might find there is more to life than collecting costly tokens. They could even follow the advice offered by author Stephen Martile on how to create an abundance mindset.
Here are 7 ways to create the abundance mindset:
1. Short on Cash? Give it away. Yes, you heard me right. I’m not saying you should sell the farm, far from it. But you may consider giving some money to a charity, giving money to a friend who needs cash, or even giving money to a panhandler in the street. If there is one principle that highly aware human beings understand, it’s this: You give away and share everything you have because you understand that you are a creative being, meaning you can create anything you want.
2. Are you short on time? Then, give away your time. Take time to give to others. You don’t have to dedicate 90% of your day to serving others – that’s not what I’m saying. Just find that balance between giving and receiving. Find an organization or a person that you really love and volunteer for them. Give away your time for free! Just take some of your time and place your attention on contributing to others.
3. Short on Food? Give it away. This is such a good one. I’m always craving food because I love eating. If you want more food, then give some away. This is so easy to do. You could buy your friend dinner, or just share a snack with someone you know. You could cook for your family or invite your friends over for dinner.
4. Don’t feel loved? You’ve got to give away some before you get some. Give away some hugs. Go out right now and give 5 people you know a big hug. I guarantee right after you do this, you’ll feel great. You’ll feel like a million bucks! Why? Because you feel loved. And you can only feel loved if you give that love to others. Go out right now and start hugging J
5. Want help with something? Help others first. Think of someone you know that is having a problem. And think of a way that you could help them out. Write down what you plan to do to help this person and then go out and do it. I’m telling you this works! Remember, you reap what you sow. When you help others whole-heartedly, help will always come back for you.
6. Lacking faith or self-belief? Yup, you know it. You’ve got to give it away! If you lack faith in your ability to create money, to build a business and be successful, you’ve got to give this faith away. Find someone you know who is lacking in self-confidence or self-belief and give them a boost.
7. Short on creative ideas? This is my favorite. If you’re short on creative ideas, give them away! Give others creative ways to increase the growth of their business. Give away ideas to help someone create a form of passive income. Don’t hoard everything for yourself – share your ideas as they come to you.
Remember if you focus on lack and limitation then that’s what you will continue to get. The only way to create the abundance mindset is by giving what you have from where you are.
“When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it’s bottomless, that it doesn’t have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.”
"Say Ralph, you want to hit the golf course this afternoon?"
"Sorry, I can’t."
"The doctor told me I can’t play."
"Oh, he’s been out with you too?"
After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.
A nice girl brings home her fiancé to meet her parents. After dinner, her mother tells her father to find out about the young man. He invites the fiancé to his study for a chat. "So, what are your plans?" the father asks the fiancé. "I am a Biblical scholar," he replies. "A Biblical scholar. Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in, as she’s accustomed to?" "I will study," the young man replies, "…and God will provide for us." "And how will you buy her a beautiful engagement ring, such as she deserves?" "I will concentrate on my studies, God will provide for us." "And children? How will you support children?" "Don’t worry, sir, God will provide." The conversation proceeds like this, and each time the father questions, the fiance insists that God will provide.
Later, the mother asks, "So? How did it go?"
"He has no job and no plans, but the good news is he thinks I’m God."
Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.
A Sunday school teacher was teaching her class about the difference between right and wrong.
"All right children, let’s take another example," she said. "If I were to get into a man’s pocket and take his billfold with all his money, what would I be?"
Little Johnny raises his hand, and with a confident smile, he blurts out, "You’d be his wife!"
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.
The flight home from a recent business trip was pretty empty, so the pilot made a simple request of the passengers.
"We have a little extra room tonight, folks," he said over the PA system. "So, if you wouldn’t mind, please take a window seat so that the competition thinks the plane is full."
When you dig another out of their troubles, you find a place to bury your own.
A man was in a Hallmark store, trying to pick out an anniversary card for his wife. The clerk was concerned that the customer had already spent a half-hour searching for the right anniversary greeting.
After watching the man lingering over one card after another, the clerk went to see if she could help. – "Is there a problem?" she asked.
"Yes, there is," he replied ruefully. – "I can’t find one card my wife will believe."
It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.
One Sunday afternoon, the pastor’s wife returned home with an expensive dress in hand. When her husband asked her about it, she explained. "Well, I was on my way to put the church’s offering money in the bank, but I saw this amazing dress in the shop window. I was just trying it on when the Devil appeared and started tempting me to buy it."
At this point, the pastor was beginning to become angry. "Why didn’t you just use scripture and say, ‘Get thee behind me, Satan’?"
The wife sheepishly answered, "I did, but the Devil said, ‘It looks even better from back here!’"
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else that prevents us from living freely and nobly.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies.
The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can join at http://groups.google.com/group/Rays-Daily. Back issues are posted at http://starkreality.ning.com/profile/Ray currently there are about 1500 readers from all over the world.